Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What size BRM wheels for 67 beetle?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwbri51573
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: What size BRM wheels for 67 beetle? Reply with quote

I’ve done tons of research and my head is spinning! I bought a set of BRMs in 15” x 5.5” wide and realized after the fact that the fronts stick out to far and maybe the rears too. I want to make sure I do this right in my second try. My bug is a 67 with standard size front beam and rear axle, it is lowered front and rear(not slammed) Should I go 4.5 wide all the way around or will 4.5 front and 5.5 rear work? I don’t want the wheels/tires to stick out past the edge of fender. Any help will be much appreciated as my mind is blown right now lol.🤯

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What size BRM wheels for 67 beetle? Reply with quote

I would think you'd be alright with 5.5's and '67 axles and tubes, but what about mounting one of the rims on the back to see how it will fit? Do you have any info on the offset or backspacing of the wheels? What sizes of tires are you thinking of running?
vwbri51573
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: What size BRM wheels for 67 beetle? Reply with quote

They are 3 1/2 backspacing. I’m currently running 155/60 in front and 195/65 in rear. Planning to keep those tires or possibly go to a 205/65 in rear.
58ragman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What size BRM wheels for 67 beetle? Reply with quote

Dont waste your time on 15" brms only do 15" on vw if they are stockers as you have or porsche fuchs.

17" brms would smoke 15" like a rolled joint.

Tires are same price 185/35/17 or 195/40/17 are 48 dollars a piece guarantee you those 15 " tires are the same price also the brm 17" are not thsat much 160 a piece 15" are like 129 130. Few buck more and youll be clearly better.
I got a 67 so I know but its your ride and dollars
58ragman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What size BRM wheels for 67 beetle? Reply with quote

Ok so you dont know and you dont want wheels to stick out ok cool 17" slammed show me a bug that looks better and hits harder that this shit
here on the samba you wont find shit but haters cause they cant do it

https://www.Instagram.Com/p/73_HbvlUvl/
58ragman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What size BRM wheels for 67 beetle? Reply with quote

Here is those 15" check it out

you cant really sit there anybody and tell me those 15" are better in any height over 17" brms but here is the 15"brm photo

https://www.Pinterest.Com/pin/11188699047407327/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: