Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
agoeke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

Hi!
The sliding window on our sliding door of our 2002 Eurovan shattered when the door was shut apparently too hard. The place I took it to to get it replaced says they can't find a new window anywhere, not from VW or any of their suppliers. I'm hoping someone here can recommend some possible places to contact that might have one. What do we do in this situation? Just have cardboard on our window forever?! I'm kinda freaking out right now.

Thanks for any advice or help you might be able to provide for us.
Amanda
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

Try the classified section.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1330789

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

Also, there are people out there parting out complete vehicles. You can find them here, on Craigslist (West Coast especially), and elsewhere on the internet.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out for you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcowan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

I have a spare window. We had the same thing happen to our van. There are a couple different styles of that window depending on if you have full camper, weekender or MV/GLS. What model of Eurovan do you have?

I'm in Lebanon, OR. Where are you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agoeke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

rcowan wrote:
I have a spare window. We had the same thing happen to our van. There are a couple different styles of that window depending on if you have full camper, weekender or MV/GLS. What model of Eurovan do you have?

I'm in Hood River, OR!! We have the weekender.

I haven't searched Craigslist yet, but I saw some on ebay, but a lot of them say they'll fit any model for quite a few years - is that not true?
agoeke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Try the classified section.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1330789

Brilliant, thank you!
rcowan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

We have a weekender also. When our window broke, it was a big learning experience about what fits what.... We ordered 3 different windows from VW dealers until they got it right. The one we ended up with that, actually matched, had to come from Germany. It took a couple months to get it right. This is why we have the extra window, we just bought one from a wrecking yard that didn't match the style that broke to close the hole and keep the rain out!

Full Campers:
Full Campers are unique. They were originally panel vans that Winnebago cut holes in the doors for windows. Their windows only fit other Full Campers.

99-03 Weekenders, MV, and GLS Doors:
These all have the same door. (I think even 93 doors are the same but not positive.) The windows vary though. What this means is that you can swap windows between all models 99-03 and they will fit. FIT, but they are not the same.

99-03 Weekenders, MV, and GLS Windows:
Weekender windows have a screen that fits in the window so that when it's open, it keeps the bugs out. Most screens are missing but these windows have a smaller opening (about 1/3 of the overall window width).
MV/GLS both use the same window. This window doesn't have the screen and the opening is about 1/2 of the overall window width.
(93 windows use a different latch but I think they would fit in a pinch. Opening width difference is the same as 99-03.)

In all of the window types above there are at least two different factory tints available.

Hopefully that helps.

My window is the GLS style window. It would not be "correct' for your van. It would however, fit the opening. They simply bolt in/out. They are easy to swap. PM me if you are interested in it.

agoeke wrote:
rcowan wrote:

I haven't searched Craigslist yet, but I saw some on ebay, but a lot of them say they'll fit any model for quite a few years - is that not true?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

I know a guy in Auburn WA that has at least one slider window. You’d have to drive there though. Doesn’t ship.
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fahrvergnuegen505
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

Amanda,
I had the exact same shattered window scenario as you did, with a 2002 Eurovan Weekender. Am wondering how you resolved things and if you have any guidance regarding where to best obtain a window.
Thanks
Mike
Fahrvergnuegen505
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

rcowan wrote:

Am hoping rcowan can explain the comment about weekender windows below. As with initial poste, I need to replace the sliding window on the right side sliding door for a 2002 Eurovan Weekender. I've located some windows through a junk yard in OH that appear to be correct, but I know they are not the screen style, which my weekender had originally.
Should they still work??

99-03 Weekenders, MV, and GLS Windows:
Weekender windows have a screen that fits in the window so that when it's open, it keeps the bugs out. Most screens are missing but these windows have a smaller opening (about 1/3 of the overall window width).
MV/GLS both use the same window. This window doesn't have the screen and the opening is about 1/2 of the overall window width.
(93 windows use a different latch but I think they would fit in a pinch. Opening width difference is the same as 99-03.)

In all of the window types above there are at least two different factory tints available.

Hopefully that helps.

My window is the GLS style window. It would not be "correct' for your van. It would however, fit the opening. They simply bolt in/out. They are easy to swap. PM me if you are interested in it.

agoeke wrote:
rcowan wrote:

rcowan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

If the windows are from a 99-03 non-Winnebago Eurovan, they will bolt into the opening.
Fahrvergnuegen505
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

Thanks. I appreciate the guidance. I'm narrowing down the salvage yards, trying to find something closer to NMexico so i don't get crushed with shipping costs.
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

well I have a MV parts van and the windows don"t open at all...my other 93 has a slider but no screen so IM LOOKIN FOR TWO TO FIT IT..thanks Bill 15 vw vans on road since 1967
salina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO Window for 2002 Sliding Door Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I’ve been on the hunt for this window since it shattered 2 months ago …
Anyone have any leads?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: