Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Correct strikers for my '50
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1953Volks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Correct strikers for my '50 Reply with quote

I am recently disassembling my car to document all correct parts I am going to need for restoration and found that my door striker plates are different. One has a L part number on it for the drivers(left) door and the other has no number on it. Is there a correct number for the passenger side? The number reads on the drivers side is L211.549.1 I can only assume the passenger side number is L211.548.1 or L211.549.2? The parts catalog doesn't seem to help. Also if any one has a NOS set or excellent used set I will buy them. I'm making this as perfect car as I can get. Please help. Thanks.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1962 DOUBLE CAB
1957 11G
1958 Single cab
1967 camper bus
1959 ragtop 2226460 (in Japan)
1964 Karmann Ghia
1964 Cadillac coupe De Ville (a.k.a. Husslah)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Correct strikers for my '50 Reply with quote

You won't ever see the parts number any more once that striker plate is in place.
Does it work on the car?
If it does I would just use it as is.

The problem with the striker plates is that they wear, so a lot of old split and early oval door striker plates have become crappy over time so the door will not shut like a vault any more; I've replaced mine with new ones and had no second thoughts about it.
But that's just my 2 cents Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: