Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

radatron CHT gauge test
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldmanmark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: radatron CHT gauge test Reply with quote

The gauge is vintage so subject is in this forum. This is a long shot for me,here goes. Long time ago purchased 2 Radatron CHT gauges from samba. One claimed to be fried, the other unknown if working. Since VDO CHT are history took the chance. ? is how do i test gauges to see if working. Its winter, snow and freezing, car outside under a cover. Im guessing what i need is 12v source and pot of boiling water to immerse sending clamp into. A lot trouble under winter conditions. Other way, use multimeter. Im inept, i got one but unsure how or what to test. On gauge back is +, -, and sender wire poles. The one that's supposed to be 'fried' i have face off and the 2 coils are exposed with needle between them and the 3 input pole are soldered in place and connected. There no visible burn anyplace. Any help appreciated. Pics are N.A. sorry.
oldmanmark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: radatron CHT gauge test Reply with quote

For a power source i could use a 12V battery charger, yes?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: