Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

This trip was formerly called the SW Colorado Off Road Adventure. But the guys pushed for a new name and 4CORE (4 Corners Off Road Event) was born.

This years trip will start in Silverton, Co. Friday nights camp out will be on FR585, South Mineral Creek rd. There is dispersed camping along the road and we’ll pick a spot that’s large enough for the group. Saturday we’ll head north on HWY 550 north over Red Mountain Pass and descend into Ouray. We’ll continue through Ouray to Ridgway. From Ridgway we’ll Head west on FR858 to Owl Creek Pass. We’ll cross the pass and camp along the road near Silver Jack Reservoir on Saturday night. Sunday we’ll continue north on 858 to HWY 50 and head west to CR 887, Alpine Plateau Rd. We’ll take CR 887 south to HWY 149 and head south to Lake City. We’ll break off at Lake City and head our separate ways.

This trip is open to all VW buses or Vanagons stock height or higher, Baja bugs and any other street legal Vw that can handle off roading. This is a fun family event, so bring your kids and dogs (good dogs only please). It's all about the fun!

Dates: 7/26 - 7/28
Weather: might be sunny, might rain, might hale, might snow, be prepared!
Final departure: 9am Sat
Any changes, even minor ones, will be posted

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Rich P.
’65 Deluxe Build
jwrover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 Reply with quote

Hey Rischparker-
I live in Ouray. I drive a '78 DC and also happen to own the distillery here in town. If you guys want/need a breakfast/lunch stop let me know!

I can coordinate a food truck buddy of mine to provide food for the stop and also have tools for folks as needed! I'll try and plan to join you guys, but it's the busy season!!

Cheers,
John
303-517-7697
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 Reply with quote

Another John with a '78 DC, here. Now that the truck is back on the road, we might actually make it on this trip! Smile
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 Reply with quote

Hell yea Richie ! Im in !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busboyjake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 Reply with quote

Yup! Me too.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 Reply with quote

mtnbus wrote:
Hell yea Richie ! Im in !

busboyjake wrote:
Yup! Me too.

Awesome!!! I’m on vacation that week and planning on camping on Sunday night and probably Monday night too. We are also planning on going to Rhythms on the Rio the following weekend. Bailey is applying for a vending booth and I want to help with bus camp.

Gonna be a dope 10 days off work!!! VW Logo
’65 Deluxe Build
big bus mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 Reply with quote

I'll pencil it in on my calendar, but i'm very tentative at this point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

I'm as long as long as shit does not go wrong around me!
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

Looks like I better get crackin' on one of my Bus projects. Thanks for organizing and Whiskey and food trucks in Ouray sounds perfect!
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busboyjake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

Is anyone up for doing a Facebook event for it? I think Mike did it two years ago.
owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

Have been wanting to do this for a while, think we'll give it a go this year. May have to split after Ouray if we bring the Loaf...we'll see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbrock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I added the event in two groups to try to spread the word.

SouthWesty (https://www.facebook.com/groups/2064970426933325/)

Buses on the Rio: VW Bus Camp (https://www.facebook.com/groups/2268899516674256/)

I made SouthWesty for VW people in Southwest CO, Four Corners, etc. so we can get information about events and have caravans.

Please join the groups if you're interested and check out the Events! Also feel free to share the events and also let me know about any other events so I can add them.

Smile
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

Happy to see you local Vanagon guys chime in and show interest. Pretty sure I met owokie last summer near Test Tracks, don’t think I know rbrock.

Don’t think I’m gonna have the ‘71 done this summer, it is currently completely covered it snow. So, I’ll most likely be in the ‘68.
’65 Deluxe Build
volksheads
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

Timing looks good for me again. I plan to do a better job of meeting up on Friday this year. Great route - looking forward to it for sure!

Piedmont Transporter Owners (PTO)
Home of CTS (Charlotte Transporter Show)
May 20th, 2023 - CTS #20!

'53 Single Cab
'65 Walkthrough Sunroof Standard
'71 Double Cab w/ '64 Heilite Single Wheel
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 Reply with quote

jwrover wrote:
Hey Rischparker-
I live in Ouray. I drive a '78 DC and also happen to own the distillery here in town. If you guys want/need a breakfast/lunch stop let me know!

I can coordinate a food truck buddy of mine to provide food for the stop and also have tools for folks as needed! I'll try and plan to join you guys, but it's the busy season!!

Cheers,
John
303-517-7697

Hey John, I sent you a PM about possibly stopping by your place Saturday morning.

Rich P
’65 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

I sold my bus and I’m not 100% sure if my new bus will be finished in time for the event. If it’s not done it won’t be from a lack of trying. I ordered just about every part I need for it today. If the bus is not done I think I’ll be able to borrow one for the event, so I’m covered there.

I sent John in Ouray a text last week, he said he’d get back to me with some options but I haven’t heard back from him yet. I’ll contact him again in a week or so but I’m hoping for a tour of the distillery and maybe a breakfast truck. Ouray is small, I figure we can hang out there for an hour or two there doing the tourist thing.

Here’s a pic of Peryl, the ‘71 patina wagon.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

’65 Deluxe Build
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

We had this penciled in on the calendar but as luck would have it we are able to turn that pencil to pen...!

Looking forward to hanging out again! See you in 2ish months!

New Bus looks great! Good luck with it!
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

Peryl went to the shop today! I’ve spent countless hours on it already and still hoping to have her done by the event. Transaxle is done and the engine is 90% complete. Still lots to do, but things are moving along.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

’65 Deluxe Build
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

NICE...!!!

Come a long way so far. Keep going and good luck!
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mountain Haus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2019 4CORE July 26 - 28 - Colorado Reply with quote

She’s standin tall, lookin good Rich. I wish I could say cant wait to see it do some work on the trails, but unfortunately...I have to. I cant make the adventure this year (bummed), we are going to FloriDUH to see family and the Harry Potter world at Universal. We will be at the Buses By The Rio!! Got our spot reserved and all.
Good luck with the ol’ gal, she’s gonna be a great Bus for you guys. White Bay Bus

1978 Dakota Beige Westy
1964 Euro "S" Variant
1972 Tin Top 9 Passenger Deluxe
1978 Honda CT90
1978-ish Chrysler Snorunner
and usually a couple of stragglers...?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: