Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwrover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

So I've tried calling and emailing Rusties in Canada for a roof rack and WagonsWest in Salem, OR for 2.5" front lift spindles and other suspension parts...And apparently both these companies are out of business!!

I've sent 2 emails and left two messages over the past 2 weeks...So I'm not harassing them I don't think..But DUDE!? Cum-on!

Anyone know what the deal is? If both are gone...ANy suggestions on where to source these parts?

Thanks!
timvw7476
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

Airkewld.for lowering.
panel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

Wagens West seems to be still around on IG.

https://www.instagram.com/wagenswest/

And Rusties.......

https://www.instagram.com/rustiesauto/

Maybe try messaging them through Instagram ?
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

Might check your spam folder. Nate from Wagenswest was just on the Samba a few days ago. Usually Nate is good about getting back to people. Usually.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

every try using the telephone?
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:

Quick look at the InstaGlam pages shows a bunch of hyper-processed photographs and some biographies. No phone numbers that I saw, but I didn't stay long. Probably missed it in all my disinterest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:

You may be retired Steve, but the rest of us still have to compete with the Millennials. Stop giving up the secrets.
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
SGKent wrote:

You may be retired Steve, but the rest of us still have to compete with the Millennials. Stop giving up the secrets.

I did some googling, is this what you're talking about? They don't even have screens.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

jwrover wrote:

I've sent 2 emails and left two messages over the past 2 weeks

Sounds to me like he did try to call so maybe there's no need to bust his balls about it. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

jwrover wrote:
So I've tried calling and emailing Rusties in Canada for a roof rack and WagonsWest in Salem, OR for 2.5" front lift spindles and other suspension parts...And apparently both these companies are out of business!!

I've sent 2 emails and left two messages over the past 2 weeks...So I'm not harassing them I don't think..But DUDE!? Cum-on!

Anyone know what the deal is? If both are gone...ANy suggestions on where to source these parts?

Thanks!

I’d try KCW in Grand Junction for the rack, I’ve seen several bad ass ones from them.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

Nate still has several ads on the samba. you did mean WagensWest, right?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Nate%40wagenswest
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:
Abscate wrote:
SGKent wrote:

I did some googling, is this what you're talking about? They don't even have screens.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
honestcharlie56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
jwrover wrote:

Sounds to me like he did try to call so maybe there's no need to bust his balls about it. Laughing

That seems to be how threads go here actually. I have questions, but I'm scared to death to ask. Wink
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

honestcharlie56 wrote:
CanStan wrote:
jwrover wrote:

That seems to be how threads go here actually. I have questions, but I'm scared to death to ask. Wink

Sorry - didn't mean to bust anyone's balls. I just retired an old man, and have nothing to do all day but to figure these new high tech things out. You are probably still working these days so I can understand that you may not have the time to figure it out - here is a quick how-to. Post if you have any issues and someone can assist.

Open Google

Type WagonWest VW. It will return the real name WagensWest. Click on it. Notice there is a link to contact. Click that, a telephone number to call will appear.

A number to call will appear. If you have trouble with your smart phone please post the OS and I'll send a how to use the dialer to make a call.

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

We are a generation who got called "stupid" and were ridiculed at work, and learned to deal with it. What someone posts about me/at me on the internet doesn't even itch my balls, let alone bust them.

Interfacing with small business is best done over the phone. That's true in both my hobbies and the tech side of my life.
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

The irony. Bitching about people using the internet on the internet.

Can't you two pick up a phone and moan to each other in private.

Laughing
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Interfacing with small business is best done over the phone. That's true in both my hobbies and the tech side of my life.

Let’s get this straight. OP called, left messages, emailed, and waited two weeks for a response wanting to buy products a company offers. Right?

I agree Abscate but the dude did call. However in my business where I compete with internet companies for $$. I find it valuable to respond to customers looking to give me money for my products. I make that a priority. Even if I know I can’t satisfy their needs at the time. It’s still important to engage the customer and possibly earn future business. A vendor who calls me wanting my money doesn’t have the same priority. Unless they in a position to make my business money.

If I was the OP calling these shops to purchase their products I’d be pretty turned off. As a matter of fact. I’d say “Fuckem” probably someone more professional will be happy to accept my money. These aren’t the only places to get such products. That sucks jwrover. And for you I will ask a former employee of one of these companies you called for a referral Wink

And I have a buddy who fabrics racks. PM me with what you looking for. I will ask him for you. He’s not on Samba

I do love when threads get all sideways and funny. But OP had a legitimate question. Maybe he should have Telegraphed these vendors or better yet. Checked their MySpace page Wink

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

I keep a typewriter around for a reason…

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

Call Old Speed in Paramount,CA. Or try this thing called Facebook for them. They might have what you looking for or another vendor suggestion.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Who's in Business and Wants some Busniness? Reply with quote

So... long after it's been determined the OP did call, we're still slagging him and treating him like an idiot for not calling? I can't imagine why he hasn't responded back to this thread?

On a side note, I find that a lot of small business these days prefer to communicate over email vs telephone. Often you can't even find numbers listed if you tried. If they run a one man shop, maybe it's easier to respond to emails on their own time when they can, rather than have the phone ring all day and interrupt their work? I'm not a business owner so I can't speak to their exact reasons but it seems to be moving that way for a lot of businesses.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: