Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kids!
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

A clay bar might take it off. I came out one morning to find that some mook had sprayed graffiti on the side of my work van. I went to the parts store and the guy recommended a clay bar kit. Now mind you this was a clear coat finish with cheap spray paint graffiti on it, but it only took less than 20 mins to make it disappear. Wash it first so the clay bar doesn’t catch any grit and become a sanding block. Might work, might not. Permanent marker on single stage is different than my situation was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

I like it, it adds personality to your bus. Our family friend’s three year old daughter used a rock to draw on their grandma’s car.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
LazyLightning75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

You might have the next Tim Burton on your hands with those drawings. I like it - gives the bus a whole new vibe.
honestcharlie56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

Mine went to town on my newly installed west interior with a red sharpie. The moments following the discovery were......interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

My daughters were given the job of painting my van before they took it to college. At some point they got into a spat and one walked off while the other painted a pissy looking face with its tongue sticking out on the van's nose. I painted it over a few years later, but sometimes I wish I had not.
ateneo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

That will be a topic of many future conversations.

I guess you will need to include the bus with the "expressive drawings" as part of your boy's inheritance.
1971 Deluxe bus
1969 Bus
1962 Bug
1963 Bug
"Rust free" means Rust is FREE. The rest is junk.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

I used to do side jobs drafting for architects. Went into my office one night where there was a drawing on the drafting table I needed to finish, to find the lower 6 inches all drawn on, with Sharpie markers. It was as far as the boy could reach.
Next day after I delivered the finished replacement, the office turned into the only room in the house with a lock, and every sharpie I could find got tossed. Gave the boy a big sketch pad and non permanent markers.

For years later my reflex on seeing a sharpie in the house was to throw it out.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

Its an improvement.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
Indeed you must leave it there!

I have similar drawings on my office white board from my kids. They have been there for 15 years.

the drawings or the kids John? Might be time to let them loose for awhile. Smile
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

Indeed you must leave it there!

I have similar drawings on my office white board from my kids. They have been there for 15 years.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

I kind of like it... I’ll leave it as is, for now
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids! Reply with quote

Thats Patina!! You can start a trend and save a fortune in paint!

A bit of acetone on cloth will take that off nicely
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Kids! Reply with quote

My 2 Boys were in the garage 2 minutes unattended!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: