Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headlight bucket at fender
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Headlight bucket at fender Reply with quote

I was mocking up my headlight buckets and noticed they looked off a bit. They havent had lights in since the 90’s so I want to make sure everything fits right. Anyway they stick out 6 mm except the top closest to the hood, 4mm. The fender actually goes back into the bucket in that area. Theyre both pretty close to the same so Im thinking they may have been tapped in the middle. Anyone have a nice pic of bullet fenders without headlights. The top part.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlight bucket at fender Reply with quote

You can see how its closer and on top where it kind of rolls back. I noticed it after I put the seals on.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
jimdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Headlight bucket at fender Reply with quote

I would say an even gap at a distance like you show measured in the first pic is ideal. The second pic definitely shows some damage on the fender up by the top of the bucket, but then it's too tight down lower.

I had to install buckets into my fenders when I painted my car and I mistakenly pushed then in flush, like the lower area in your 2nd pic, and now I have no space for the seals.
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlight bucket at fender Reply with quote

I pulled it out to 6mm and the fit is good with the seal.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: