Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!!
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHUCKY'S RAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

Hey guys I just recently got a 2276 engine and a set of 44's Spanish Webers and I have no idea what size jets and venturi combo to use.
I live in Las Vegas and as you know weather here in the summer can get pretty crazy but the car doesn't get run much during that time and its more like a weekend warrior.
Thank you in advance
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 DUAL 44 WEBERS SET UP HELP!!!! Reply with quote

Any idea what jets it has in it right now?

Do you own a jet drill set and a o2 sensor that works with your exhaust?

Do you have a local shop that is cool with you trading jets?

Jetting takes a lot of trial and error to get it set right.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CHUCKY'S RAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

unfortunately I do not know the jets or venturis in the carbs and I do not have the sensor Sad
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

Seems like a perfect time to take them apart and see what they have in them and to clean and refresh them.
VdanielW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

Definitely need to know where you are starting from. Get an AFR set up- it will make getting the carbs perfect so much easier. I believe most 44idfs started with: 36 venturi, F11 emulsion, 55 idles, 145 main gas, 200 main air. As far as jetting went on my 2276, those were no where near correct, but they did work on the rich side with some hesitations.
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

Read this for starters...
http://www.aircooled.net/vw-carburetors-jetting-102/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CHUCKY'S RAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

VdanielW wrote:
Definitely need to know where you are starting from. Get an AFR set up- it will make getting the carbs perfect so much easier. I believe most 44idfs started with: 36 venturi, F11 emulsion, 55 idles, 145 main gas, 200 main air. As far as jetting went on my 2276, those were no where near correct, but they did work on the rich side with some hesitations.

Awesome and what jets and such are you running now?

Thanks
CHUCKY'S RAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

Ragman wrote:
Read this for starters...
http://www.aircooled.net/vw-carburetors-jetting-102/

Great read!
Thanks
VdanielW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

CHUCKY'S RAT wrote:
VdanielW wrote:

Awesome and what jets and such are you running now?

Thanks

I would not suggest starting out with my jetting. This took about 5000 miles of driving and monitoring afr before I was satisfied. Get an AFR gauge and see where you are at right now, then tune from there.
And the wide band post has some helpful tips as well: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293837
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

Don't be intimidated by the length of that thread.
The gold is in the first 10-15 pages. After that the information just gets rehashed by folks that didn't read the first pages.
Even if you don't have a "wideband" the tuning tips and procedures are extremely helpful.

Good Luck.
VdanielW wrote:

And the wide band post has some helpful tips as well: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293837

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

https://www.plxdevices.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=897346002870

I just ordered this setup for my 2276.
Displays on your phone so you don’t have to mount a gauge or run wires all over.

They also sell the bung to weld into the exhaust

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
It's a play thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

disclammer: this is what works for me 34 vents 52 idle 180 air 150 main in my 2276 in my on/off road Thing. I did have 36 vents but the car works better in the low and mid range with the 34's.

I've been playing with my thing ever since I got it...
CHUCKY'S RAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

Thank you guys
I got the jets done and I will look into the AFR but Im running dual exhausts since its a Rat Rod so I need to figure out how to use it

Thanks again
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276 Dual 44 Webers Set up Help!!!! Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:
https://www.plxdevices.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=897346002870

I just ordered this setup for my 2276.
Displays on your phone so you don’t have to mount a gauge or run wires all over.

They also sell the bung to weld into the exhaust

I might have to pick one of these up lol
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: