Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Split window double cab
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshotto94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Split window double cab Reply with quote

I have am looking for information on what this split window double cab is worth. There is no title, the pics I have posted are the only pics I have at the moment. Thank you

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

looks ok but sunken into the ground like that has probably taken its toll on the undercarriage.... PA has a special brand of rust also!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joshotto94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
looks ok but sunken into the ground like that has probably taken its toll on the undercarriage.... PA has a special brand of rust also!!

Any idea what its worth?
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

not sure without seeing up underneath
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

No way to "guess" without lots of clear detailed photos...

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joshotto94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
No way to "guess" without lots of clear detailed photos...

Bill
just looing for a ballpark not a exact
joshotto94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
not sure without seeing up underneath

just looing for a ballpark not a exact thanks for the info
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

Without knowing the condition of the undercarriage it's basically impossible to give any sort of real value.

I'll guess anyway:
The fact that it's in PA and I can see visible rust and some metal already missing I'm going to say $500.
(Minimum for parts value)

If you didn't know already, it's a 1967 model
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

are you asking what you should pay for it?
or what you could sell it for once it is in your garage and a roller?

Everett has it about right. if you have no plans for it, pay 500 bucks and then sell it to somebody who can actually fix a rusted out 67 crewcab as a project.

I doubt there is any real money to be made from fixing it and selling it afterwards. Still, it should come out of the woods

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

Love the blue hubcaps!

Missing passenger side gate and outer rocker, rear pointed bumper.

Does it have an engine? working transaxle? correct front and rear seats and rear base? all glass intact? does it have much of it's chassis metal left?

Someone would revive it, but they wouldn't spend much to initially buy it, as they will need to throw big piles of cash at it to bring it back.

Still, Double-Cabs are one of the hottest tickets in town!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joshotto94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:

Everett has it about right. if you have no plans for it, pay 500 bucks and then sell it to somebody who can actually fix a rusted out 67 crewcab as a project.

I doubt there is any real money to be made from fixing it and selling it afterwards. Still, it should come out of the woods

Thank you for the advice, what would it be worth once its a garage roller?
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

joshotto94 wrote:
mandraks wrote:

this really depends on how complete it is. many crewcab parts are crewcab and year specific. If they are there, great. I think you should be able make a couple of grand for your effort.
if much is missing, and the condition is really bad, say back seat and pedestal are missing, gate missing, bumper missing, sell it on for cheap to make it worth somebody's time, make a couple of hundred bucks for dragging it home and getting the wheels to turn

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

joshotto94 wrote:
mandraks wrote:

Garage roller - as in a rolling trans and front end ?? Maybe $750-$1000, BUT -- it would really depend on the rust, the frame could be rotted thru in large sections, which would be bad. If your just looking to flip it, I would dig it out, look at the frame ect., and go from there, if the rear seat and pedestel are gone, that is pricey to replace, gates are many $$$ to find in good condition.
Doublecabs are tough to find, they get worked to death, then left out in the East coast rain/snow is not helping at all.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
redbug64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

Pull it out and sell it to Crukab!

1954 Standard Beetle
1965 Firetruck Red Double Cab
1975 Porsche 911
1984 Rabbit L
1988 Scirocco 16v
Random Toyota daily drivers because winter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

$500 using your current snow covered photos- unless you're buying it just to flip- then $3500 using just your snow covered photos.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
$500 using your current snow covered photos- unless you're buying it just to flip- then $3500 using just your snow covered photos.
I think you are low, buying it to flip, it is worth minimum $10K+.

In all seriousness, make it a roller, take detailed photos of everything and we can help. Maybe. Otherwise, look in the classifieds, and find the lowest priced doublecab in the classifieds, and realize that bus is still unsold.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
joshotto94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
hitest wrote:

In all seriousness, make it a roller, take detailed photos of everything and we can help. Maybe. Otherwise, look in the classifieds, and find the lowest priced doublecab in the classifieds, and realize that bus is still unsold.

Thank you for your honest opinion, I appreciate it.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Split window double cab Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
hitest wrote:

I'm shooting low Lind because unless you have a super vision power that sees through snow- you do not know if there is even 5 pounds of metal below the snowline. My bid, while a little tongue in cheek- is saying more about a snow-covered assessment. My valuations usually go up when snow levels drop.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: