Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How many aircooled Dokas here
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactuskombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

I have a 1980 original crewcab /Doka and am wondering how many are here or indeed around the world.[/img]
cactuskombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

Anyone?
caravelle c
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

That means not many aircooled Dokas were built. And just a few survived in Europe. But most people on Samba are from the US.
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

caravelle c wrote:
That means not many aircooled Dokas were built. And just a few survived in Europe. But most people on Samba are from the US.

With a few Canucks on board as well. Very Happy

I have never seen an air cooled T3 Commercial here in Canada, only passenger or camper models.
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

There was a beautiful white air cooled Doka for sale here on the Samba a few months ago. I think it was in Southern California.

Based on the photos, it was just about perfect.
Engine Conversion Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612144&highlight=
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SyncroButter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

Any air cooled doka would be a 2wd, so may want to take a look at the 2wd doka thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=467481&highlight=2wd+doka

I've never seen an air cooled doka in person, but have seen them for sale here in the samba occasionally.

Cactuskombi, can you share any pics of yours?
cactuskombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SyncroButter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

Wow, that Doka is in exceptional condition... sweet ride!
cactuskombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

SyncroButter wrote:
Wow, that Doka is in exceptional condition... sweet ride!

Thank you. I absolutely love it.

It has got even better in my ownership. New Bilsteins all round changed the ride dramatically. A few cosmetic changes as well to replace some worn stuff such as bumper end caps etc.

I was able to restore the gear linkage as well and this made a huge difference to its driveability.

I have in waiting a set of Dual 40 Webbers. This will wake up the 2.0L Type 4.

The interesting thing is that I was looking to buy a splitty crew cab and this came up. I am glad I bought this, because I have owned a few splitties and the T3s beat them hands down in the way they drive and the exceptional amount of space in the cab.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: How many aircooled Dokas here Reply with quote

Super sweet Doka! Thanks for the pics.

I never knew that right side drive cars still have the accelerator pedal on the right (foot) side. I never thought about it either. I've thought about motorcycles with different control arrangements but not cars. I probably need to get out more.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: