Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Growing Cannabis
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Growing Cannabis Reply with quote

Hello -

Now that cannabis is legal in so many ways and states Very Happy I figured I'd start a growing thread. Any other growers out there? I just started a few, LED lights, peat/pearlite mix. Grow tent and closet. So far so good.

What are your set-ups?

P.S. - Let's please keep this on topic and not political!

Last edited by ccpalmer on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: growing cannabis Reply with quote

What LED lights? Most are not broad spectrum and although it appears white to the human eye, plants may not dig it.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: growing cannabis Reply with quote

You do know that the federal government still lists it as a Schedule 1 narcotic.

So you never know when there will be a crackdown.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: growing cannabis Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
You do know that the federal government still lists it as a Schedule 1 narcotic.

So you never know when there will be a crackdown.

True, but even the Fed attention is on larger growers operating illegally, not a guy with 12 plants in his den.

Depends on your job risk if you should be the unlucky bastard they want to make an example of!
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

Self-employed contractor so no worries on the job front. And I think I'm safe judging by the countless threads and photos of grow rooms on the web.

I have a NextLight Mega and a G8. I don't like the G8 just because it's hard to see what's going on ("purple" light). Love the Mega so far.

I'd like to get a Electric Sky 300 eventually.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

You can have 12 plants?. Thats a freaking forest. How many grows, past experience? Tent size? Light sched? From seed? Clones?
Have you done the math for the electric cost to run those lights 12-18+ hrs a day for 6 months? Curious, i have zero idea.
The sativa is a long grow, dont be impatient. Patience is the hardest for most people to learn (if you havnt done it before).
Are you using nutes? Which?
Have fun, it will be time consuming and always a learning experience.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

Remember, even though lots of states are welcoming the new tax generating scheme, possessing firearms while growing or possessing cannabis usually carries pretty hefty, mandatory sentences at both state & federal levels.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

Chris, great tip, but I dont think that an individual microgrow will be contributing at all to the legalization tax generation plan. Crying or Very sad Smile I look at the hobby much the same as a guy brewing his own IPA, pale ale or lager...
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

4x4 tent, 2x5 closet. Clones on 24h light. Going organic, Roots Organics plus other supplements - seaweed, bat + seabird guanos, msc.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

Got ya. you must do a lot of training/SOG to have 12 in that tent and closet.
I know little about lighting, LED, Cobs... or other indoor specific issues. I prefer outdoor. Reddit has a lot of indoor knowledge if you encounter issue.
1967 DC build
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

You'll probably get better answers over on the Bay Bus forum...
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

about 10 yrs ago, on one my first trips to China, I was in LED city, and was offered a full spectrum LED light for indoor planting, DOH! should have jumped on the bandwagon! would have made a killin'! but I rather stay out of the limelight.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

Just to be clear "industrial hemp" ( which is just low THC cannabis ) is now 50 state legal as of the first of the year under the farm bill. Regular THC testing and various permits are required but fairly reasonable in price. Soda companies have expressed a great interest in CBD products sourced from low THC plants.

Hemp for Victory!
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

isn't there any other crop that has all these "miracle cures, properties and products" like weed? Funny how people made up stuff just to get "medical marihuana" I saw prescriptions for flat feet, baldness, weight loss, etcetcetc. What also amazes me is how people flocked to sign petitions to legalize it, but we don't petition for lower gas prices, lower utilities. But staying on topic, is it true, that you can get aper, fabric and other products? hence my original question.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
420GOAT
Samba Member

Location: Wilmington, CA on a nice quiet street but still in the 'hood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

look into letting them sleep, 18/6 is cool. with lights gotta keep it from getting too hot. talk to them a lot and touch them as well. i just grow outdoors and whatever whenever, but the harvest process is way way way as important too. careful with the guano, too much burns the roots.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

Screen name checks out. Wink

Agree about a little sleep time.
The whole process is important. Gotta veg right, flower right, feed right, pH your water, fight insects and deficiencies correct. Harvest, timing is essential. Pretty important to cure correctly too.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:

The whole process is important. Gotta veg right, flower right, feed right, pH your water, fight insects and deficiencies correct. Harvest, timing is essential. Pretty important to cure correctly too.

Is it true that you can use Doritos as fertilizer? Confused
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
c21darrel wrote:

Is it true that you can use Doritos as fertilizer? Confused

Only if you ate them first.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

not human, just Bat and Chicken poop.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Growing cannabis Reply with quote

I suppose they go together.. VWs and weed. Laughing

Most people I have met doing VWs also do other extra curricular activities fit for the slammers.

If it fixes what ails you, I suppose...

Read someone in MO planted cannabis around the courthouse gardens. And the gardeners tended to them until someone figured out what they were.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: