Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1954 RHD Kombi
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bathtub57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 RHD Kombi Reply with quote

von_hansel wrote:
bathtub57 wrote:
There have been talks of bringing the bus to the US for 2023 if we can get any show invites.

June 2023 will be the second barndoor gathering at OCTO. Everyone is invited.

My Tacayo Barndoor Mafia will be able to give you more info (all though he’s been on tour with Wu-Tang filling in for ODB; so he doesn’t come on this site as much).

That would be a good one, I’ll try and make contact.
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 RHD Kombi Reply with quote

bathtub57 wrote:
There have been talks of bringing the bus to the US for 2023 if we can get any show invites.

My Tocayo (Von Hansel) made mention of your thread and I spoke to Irv briefly about your ride, and a few others, while in Europe this past June. WOW ..... Is the first word that pops in my head!! Some of these rides that come out from Europe blow me away!! The effort and dedication is unreal. When I see builds like yours, I feel very spoiled and lucky to own what I own. Major props to you're dedication and drive ...... as well everyone who was involved.

You are more than invited to come out next year and join the festivities. The Barndoor Gathering will be held during the June OCTO event. It's usually on the first Saturday of the month. But I will look into a concrete date for everyone. Hope to see/meet you soon, regardless if your Bus doesn't make the trek or I'll eventually run into you overseas Wink

von_hansel wrote:
June 2023 will be the second barndoor gathering at OCTO. Everyone is invited.

This is actually the 3rd Barndoor Gathering Tocayo. And yes, everyone is invited. Regardless of owning or not owning a Barndoor.

von_hansel wrote:
My Tacayo Barndoor Mafia will be able to give you more info (all though he’s been on tour with Wu-Tang filling in for ODB; so he doesn’t come on this site as much).

The WU TANG tour was EPIC!! Too many Rap Snacks being passed around Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 RHD Kombi Reply with quote

As seen on FB The Split Screen Van Club.
Just stunning, more please Cool
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bathtub57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 RHD Kombi Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
As seen on FB The Split Screen Van Club.
Just stunning, more please Cool

Thankyou! It means so much to get feedback and opinions. Volksworld Magazine October 2022 has the full low down by Mark Walker and some beautiful pictures taken by Si Gray.

The 2022 season in the UK is at its end, it’s been an amazing year and great to finally show the bus. We managed to win awards at every show we attended, in fact there was only one that we didn’t get best in show.

There are however some bits I want to improve over the winter which we’ll keep secret for now Very Happy

Plans are in place for 2023 and showing it around Europe including Barndoor Gathering and Spa, the dream is still to take it to the US eventually. It’s hard work showing a vehicle and hats off to Irv and his team for all the “hard graft” as they call it. We have all been overwhelmed by the reception though so its all worth it.

The main man!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: