Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Window Washer Valve - Where to buy?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
69BahamaYellow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Window Washer Valve - Where to buy? Reply with quote

So the window washer valve started leaking in my 1978 Bus. It still works but it leaks out of the plunger stem whenever you activate it and drips washer fluid onto the floor mat. The one I need looks like this circled pic.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

That one is available only as a complete assembly with wiper switch for $134. It's China quality, though, so don't want to waste money on it.

This one is available from Cip1 for a Beetle. Does anybody know if these can be made to work on a late Bay?

pioneer1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Washer Valve - Where to buy? Reply with quote

If your original isn't physically broken or cracked you can remove the 2 screws and replace the o ring...or flip it over.

'85 Porsche 911 Targa

'76 Westfalia project
69BahamaYellow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Window Washer Valve - Where to buy? Reply with quote

Interesting. Mine looks like you would have to drill off the back of the 2 open rivets to pull the metal backing plate off to replace anything rubber, and the rubber I could see did not look like a standard O-ring.
pioneer1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Washer Valve - Where to buy? Reply with quote

I am only familiar with the one you circled

'85 Porsche 911 Targa

'76 Westfalia project
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Washer Valve - Where to buy? Reply with quote

I believe those are part of the whole wiper assembly although maybe someone will have a source. One common conversion is to add a micro-switch there and an electric pump and assembly so it no longer relies on compressed air to work.

Part number is 211 953 553
69BahamaYellow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Washer Valve - Where to buy? Reply with quote

Thanks to another generous Samba member, I now have a working washer valve. I had to take 2 non functioning valves to make 1 good one, but I thought I'd share a pic for anybody who's interested in what they look like inside. I should also point out that after cleaning all the crust off the spring loaded valve in the picture, the washer system sprays at least 3-5X more volume than it did previously. Major improvement

What’sHisName
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Washer Valve - Where to buy? Reply with quote

69BahamaYellow wrote:
Thanks to another generous Samba member, I now have a working washer valve. I had to take 2 non functioning valves to make 1 good one, but I thought I'd share a pic for anybody who's interested in what they look like inside. I should also point out that after cleaning all the crust off the spring loaded valve in the picture, the washer system sprays at least 3-5X more volume than it did previously. Major improvement

I have the exact same leaking problem with the same part. What did you do exactly that fixed the leak? Is there an o-ring in there that you can replace? And how did you dismantle it without breaking the plastic all to pieces? Mine seems quite brittle…
pioneer1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Washer Valve - Where to buy? Reply with quote

Read my previous post regarding o ring. New o rings are available at any hardware store

'85 Porsche 911 Targa

'76 Westfalia project
What’sHisName
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Washer Valve - Where to buy? Reply with quote

pioneer1 wrote:
Read my previous post regarding o ring. New o rings are available at any hardware store

Is it simply the small o-ring sitting on top of that spring valve contraption? (If so, how do you separate the pieces of plastic it sits inside? Do they just pull apart?).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: