Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

67 Custom German Look
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

DerrickfromNC1 wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GMendoza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Looks good! What are you going in the back?
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

GMendoza wrote:
Looks good! What are you going in the back?

Haven’t quite decided. I’m still looking at rear tail light options to keep the rear fenders smooth & I want a removable apron. So my rear bumper will need to help compliment those plans. Having said that I may do the same to rear bumper as I’ve done to the front. I’m open to suggestions!

Thanks
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Potential mirrors?

Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

DerrickfromNC1 wrote:
Potential mirrors?

Yes. They compliment the graphics and the wheels.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Buggeee wrote:
DerrickfromNC1 wrote:
Potential mirrors?

Yes. They compliment the graphics and the wheels.

Yes they compliment the wheels but I‘m planning a repaint this Spring minus the 90 style graphics. Currently looking at different shades of silver & light grey for a repaint with sections of the carbon fiber hood remaining exposed.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Not sure I’m 100% in on my bumper modification....maybe a little more bulky than I wanted. May end up with a set of small nerf bars powder coated in black or graphite grey to match my wheels.
In the meantime I’m going to continue on with a matching rear bumper.
GreeneHoosier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Love it! Keep up the good work!
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

First attempt at rear bumper mod!
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Just unboxed a set of Cali Popouts. Purchased them new in 2002, put them away for safe keeping and now just opening the original box in 2021.

DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Started sanding the paint in prep for a new base/clear coat in Audi Florett Silver if I don’t see a another color I like better. Between working p/t and my wife’s travel plans hope to be read to shoot in late April.
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

For anybody interested in these California Popouts.... check out Fruizshop.com for a modern day version. I have them on my '71 and like them lots!
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

They have a lot of real cool products. I had been planning to do a front/rear window install w/o factory rubber and use epoxy like modern cars to obtain that smooth look. Looked at their website a couple of months ago and see that they are doing it & have some instructional videos on YouTube(easier than installing factory rubber)!
Does anyone know the $ conversion rate? A 9 piece carpet kit list for $2049.00! How much is that in US $$?
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Nerf bars or modified blades?
This:

Or This:

I’ve got a lot of time and some money in the modified bumper blades but I’m leaning towards the simplicity of the nerf bars.

What do you think?

Thanks
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Blades. They fit better with all the other modern touches you've added.
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Might as well follow through with finishing the blades. Final install under paint may tip the scales one way or the other. I think there is real potential there given the German look theme. The nerf bars are not hard to find and it's an easy swap back and forth.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

I'm just now catching up to your thread, looking sharp!

I'm a little biased to keeping the bumpers, they actually look great. Plus, could you some weight up front to help with the weight ratio Wink

Stop Dead Photo Links! Post your VW photos to the Samba Gallery!
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

$5.00 running boards/rocker panels

Close to laying down the 2K primer. Once done I will be seeking advice her on the best ways to:
prep my dyi garage paint booth
filter water from my air lines
paint fenders on or off
etc
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Custom German Look Reply with quote

Getting closer to laying the 2k primer! Also in process of removing the pre-66 apron I had installed many years ago thinking I was going to utilize a W decklid I had been saving. Plan to use a Creative Car Craft fiberglass cleanup panel as a removable apron.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: