Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon 2wd fuel filler neck hole template???
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon 2wd fuel filler neck hole template??? Reply with quote

That's sick! I saw the facebook photos of your tank. Looks great.

My dad just made an aux fuel tank for his F350. He's a welder and his job gave him a deal on the cuts/aluminum.

I thought about an alum aux water tank but that probably would be the best to drink out of. But it would be nice to shower out of!

Maybe I'll get him to make me an aux gray water tank!
?Waldo?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon 2wd fuel filler neck hole template??? Reply with quote

Syncro Jael wrote:
I’m planning to fabricate another aluminum tank to store fuel for the diesel heater on the drivers side. So I will be doing this again.

For a while I've been planning on cutting the front humps off a stock 2WD vanagon fuel tank, bending sheet metal to fit the new profile, welding it on, and installing the second tank to the rear of the existing 2WD tank.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Obviously that type of modified tank won't fit in a Syncro. Razz It will be nice to have a 600-700 mile range in my 2WD. Very Happy

Already being diesel, adding a diesel heater is relatively easy, but there is a bit of concern about running out of fuel while sleeping. Shocked My plan has been to add a second fuel outlet to the tank but place that outlet so it draws from the tank a little way above the bottom of the tank. That way the heater would run out of fuel while there was still enough fuel in the tank to get to where I could acquire more.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: