Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buggy Hardtop search
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbucklin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

Hi All,

Is this style top still being made and available anywhere? If not, where would I go to look for a used one?

Thanks
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

I have seen them pop up occasionally on the classifieds here. Haven't seen one new though. They are pretty sweet! Reminds me of the flinstones for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

acme sells hardtops,but not quite that style....sean

http://www.acmecarco.com/body-accessories
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

Look in the classifieds here, check out Craigslist or Kijiji (Canada) facebook dunebuggy pages, dunebuggyarchives.com classifieds. I've seen a couple for sale over the years.

Reminds me more of the Barris Monkeymobile that the Flintstones.
brad
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

A better question is what kind of body is that?
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2053435
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

Check this one out. Same top. Cool plexi doors, popout 1/4 windows and all around weather protection. Most of SoCal you'd need A/C in the car though.

It's in this forum right now:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=543351&start=220

It looks like the red one has had the ribs removed. There is still a witness visible in the black outboard of the surfboard rack.

The buggy in the vintage pic has a San Jose license plate frame. So FAR cooler through the summer months than SoCal. Not so much need for A/C. Cool
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

This one seems similar too: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2241654
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

Not the same but it's for sale

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2219433
rbucklin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

Thanks guys, yes, I saw all those but they are selling the whole car. I already have two buggies and not looking for a third. I looked up the one at acmecarco and it is really close but says four seater in the verbiage. I take that to mean full length body, not the more common shorter variety. Am I mistaken?
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

The Acme top, like the top you want, is nearly verticle at the rear, unlike the slanted rear of a Meyers Manx type hardtop, thus giving more room for a rear seat passenger's head. Perhaps this is what makes it a "4-seater" top?

Call Acme and ask?

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
markdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Hardtop search Reply with quote

rbucklin wrote:
Thanks guys, yes, I saw all those but they are selling the whole car. I already have two buggies and not looking for a third. I looked up the one at acmecarco and it is really close but says four seater in the verbiage. I take that to mean full length body, not the more common shorter variety. Am I mistaken?

The one I posted is just the roof
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: