Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Viewing feedback for: West Coast Core
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 11, 2024
bahavw199
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

These guys are a shit stain to the vw scene.. You will have to wait 6 months to receive your parts if you get them at all.... They are a small time back door shop that tries to sell on ebay. They sell an item they do not have then they order it from West Coast Metric after they have received the item they will send it to you. IF YOUR LUCKY!!! His girlfriend sells also vw parts as (kreativegift) on ebay. They are all sacks of shit.... There Karma is about to get them.... O and Scat said they are giving them a bad name as a dealer and thinking of canning there dealer license... Thank god for those who have recived their items...

Admin note:
This person has a lot of complaints over the years and only a couple positive comments.
We do not recommend ordering from this person at this time, he may be removed from the site in the future.
Hornman
Samba Soul Surfer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are they based out of?
LOWKOW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this dude sells shit for parts....I bought a crank from him and it was crap. I boguht it all wrapped up in plastic, he said it was machined and ready to use. When I got home I checked it out and the journals were scored and it was cracked. I tried contacting him to return or swap it with another crank and he told me it was sold as is. Total dick.
2manytoys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup,

big rip off. I bought parts that were supposed to be in excellent shape. They were hardly worth picking up and throwing in the trash can. Super rip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Leif
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they ripped me off on a 78mm crank that never arrived. Fully paid including shipping. He couldn't tell what the tracking number was etc.
Total jerk! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw60bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are out of Lancaster Ca. I dealt with them personnely when I lived out there. Went into there garage and wasnt impressed, got nothing but attitude so I turned around and walked out without buying anything from them and never went back. Didnt trust them they seemed shady.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hornman
Samba Soul Surfer

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks 60 bug. i thought that was them. I ran into them at OCTO last june. plenty of attitude and bs.
Class 11 wannabe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of you ever make it out to a Pomona Swap Meet, you can meet WCC owner John Moe and his merry men in person and see what a top notch outfit they really are.........just wear asbestos gloves when you touch his "good used" parts......... Rolling Eyes
joeg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: West Coast Core Reply with quote

I'v delt with John Moe for 4 or 5 years now. Never had a problem. I've returned and exchanged parts several times, and have bought and sold used parts and cars too (he has a wrecking yard also, thats how he started his business). His shop has built several motors for friends and all are running fine and are daily drivers. He sold me a racing trans and is building a motor for me right now. Sure, I'v waited for parts on order from John too, but I've also waited for CB, Moore Parts, So Cal, AJ Simms, etc, they all take time to order and ship parts. John's always came through and I'll continue to buy from him. Check out his feedback on ebay, I believe it over 96% positive, which is good compared to his large number of auctions.

I feel the "abestos gloves" comment is out of line, unless of course you have solid proof he's selling stolen parts at Pomona. Thats a very serious acusation, can you back it up with proof? I have a feeling you can't.
I'll let John know about this thread and see of he want to reply these acusations.

JoeG
Class 11 wannabe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core Reply with quote

joeg wrote:
I feel the "abestos gloves" comment is out of line, unless of course you have solid proof he's selling stolen parts at Pomona. Thats a very serious acusation, can you back it up with proof? I have a feeling you can't.
I'll let John know about this thread and see of he want to reply these acusations.

JoeG

Mr. JoeG, you make a great point. I didn't realize I was connecting the two details "Pomona" and "asbestos gloves". That was wrong of me to put the two things so close together without proper terminology. I should have said "latex gloves" as WCC is not known for selling spotless parts, at least not from their shop up in Lancaster. Perhaps they are cleaned up for the Pomona Swap Meet, but I don't know for myself as I decided not to be a customer of WCC years ago.

I do not publicly accuse Mr. Moe of selling as you say "stolen parts at Pomona" or anywhere else for that matter. [EDIT: On second thought, it was wrong of me to bring this up the rest of this stuff I said when it doesn't concern me directly, so I am removing this portion. Please forget what I said here.]

Finally Mr. JoeG, welcome to the Samba forums. As a new member you surely have stumbled into this thread and taken an instant dislike to myself and anyone else who has posted anything negative about what is obviousily a favorite vendor of yours. Feel free to post a positive thread of your own of your experiences with WCC in this forum and others who have not decided about WCC on their own can have your counterpoint to weigh in with their decision on vendor choosing. I look forward to what you bring to our little party! Very Happy

Last edited by Class 11 wannabe on Wed May 19, 2004 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
joeg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification, I was mearly pointing out the opinion I had of the glove comment. Thanks for clarifiing your position concerning this. I thought you were describing the need for abestos gloves because the parts were "hot"!
I don't take a dislike to you or anyone who offers thier opinion, I only gave my opinion and experiences with Moe so there could be two sides of the story. Favorite vendor? I never said that, and at this point I don't have a favorite, I mearly give all vendors a chance at my business, if I'm treated fairly I will continue to use them and let others know the experience I had. Moe has treated me fairly, so I expressed that in this thread. Sure, his shop is not the cleanest, and folks can form thier own opinion on that topic themselves. He has a good engine builder on site, fair prices and used parts too.

JoeG
LOWKOW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is a joke. ask anybody who sells at pomona, they say he is a "SCAB" Not sure what that means but it cant be good. A few people said he will go buy their basically trash cranks. Why would this guy buy cranks that they are going to throw away? Maybe because that is your "sweet deal" on a crank? I will never dela with them again.
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeg wrote:
He has a good engine builder on site, fair prices and used parts too.

JoeG

Joe,. if he is so good, how do you defend the above people who have been shafted by him?
it's a pity that when someone calls out a "skunk",someone suddenly with 2 posts comes to defend them.
i call BS.

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ppimpchild
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello vw land I am new to the samba and was looking to buy a vw westy and stumbled onto the west coast core name and opened it up to see it was my old employer. The owner who is Moe to me was the biggest dick I have ever meet when I worked for him and could not understand why he was a dick to me, but he always yelled at us for not getting the quality and parts out on a timely manner, but then I went into the millitary and realized that every thing he did for me and the rest of the crew was to insure the customer got what they paid for, sure there were problems in dealings with customers but I buy from wal-mart and get bad products and wrong items but I do not go out a trash on them. I really wish that I could go back and say this, moe really has heart for all his customers and really tries to do the best for them but it does not always work out that way. I was not a good employee by no means but thought I was. when I work for west coast core I really never got to know moe to well as some people do but I can say this now that as I looked back at working for him he was actually a great boss and a pretty cool guy and a good first job employer I would stand by him and state he is willing to make his customers happy no matter what it takes and does put alot of work into getting quality parts to sell. So as to this page of writing I count 5 or 6 people talking out of millions of vw owners in the world if you have a problem with west coast core or moe why not just call him im sure he will work it out for you. but asit still stands I need a westy pre 67 any one have one i live in colorado and am willing to travel for the right one let me know
bahavw199
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppimpchild.. Nice Try!!!! Its most likely Moe trying to make himself look good . Its not going to work.... Like I said Karma's A BITCH..... and if its not Moe Than ppimpchild Dude you need to go to Iraq and stay... Have some respect... a name like that is a disgrace to your self and to think your fighting for the USA you were most likely involved in the prison pic scandal as a receiver....
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppimpchild,as i said before,
if he is so good, how do you defend the above people who have been shafted by him?
it's a pity that when someone calls out a "skunk",someone suddenly with 1 to 2 posts comes to defend them.
i call BS,AGAIN!

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ghiafreek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG FUC#ING PROBLEM...this guy is.
Moe sells nothing but crap.
I dealt with him and the whole order was completely screwed...thought I would save money. Big mistake.
asked for a 78 crank..got a an 82 (its the point of the matter)
asked for cima pistons...got some other shit
etc...
Not to mention that everything was just thrown haphazardly in a box that was completely bent out of shape when I recieved it because it was so poorly packed.
Man, I can keep going on.
But, basically, don't deal with this Moe from West Coast Core.
normalario
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe after all this I am still contemplating this after all the neg feedback I have seen. Talk some sense into me.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...eName=WDVW
nodollarsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only made a few replies up till now, and just about everyone of them had to do with some schmo jumping in at the last second with 1-2 posts and trying to scavenge a thread of dignity for some useless person. I have not dealt with /WCC personally (sounds like a good thing) so I cannot say yea or nay about their dealings, but from the sounds of it I would never purchase a soda let alone a vw part from them. And as for Pimpchild and JoeG or whatever your names are, get a life, the scam has been figured out long before you had internet access. Why would you even waste your time defending these people unless you are them, are being paid by them, or are just plain ignorant to the fact that they are pawning crap off to good VW people and reacting with poor customer service. Get a life and if you feel comfortable buying from them the well hell at least they will have you 2 as customers. That should keep them in business. Rolling Eyes
joeg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, someone asked for opinions on a vendor, I gave mine now I'm flamed. Yes, I don't post much, gee I wonder why with the intelegent posts I'm seeing here, you guys are truly impressive. Kevin and dsf I guess I'll post 10 times for the next 6 days so I can be on your ever so high level! Oh, but then I'll have more then Kevin so I'll be an expert! Kevin, you've never bought from them, so you should not bother to interject your opinion. I'm a fellow drag racer too, your responce is embarrasing. I sent you an email a few month ago expalining my opinions here, and as I suspected, no reply from you. I don't work got WCC, I simply use them for parts, along with many other vendors. I do post on CLF and shop talk forums, as Samba is just to full of people who do not want to help but only want to stir the post.

good luck with your bugs. I'll continue lurking in the shadows of the Samba as I have for years now, and racing my 59 at LACR...

JoeG
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: