Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: West Coast Core
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 11, 2024
69autobug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add another unsatisfied customer! Product never sent!

Last edited by 69autobug on Fri May 27, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
brianmp01 Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:49 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy is a big joke. I dont know how he is still in business. I live local and have tried to deal with him a few times and nothing but problems. One time i took my carbs there and said i needed a rebuild kit for them and he we and grabbed 2 for me. So i went home to do the rebuild but wrong parts so i took them back and i had to fight with him for a good 30 min to get my money back because he said i bought the last 2 and they dont sell them anymore. He didn't want them back. Next was yesterday i went there for some race trim seats I was told the price of 180ish each, so i told them that everone else is selling them for 150 and below can you do any better. I here him talking to the saleman as he is coming up them him to tell me to go drive to the other store and get them there, thats is going to cost 100 bucks in gas to get them and i said it will not cost anywhere near that amount but he insisted that i couldnt fit them in a car. so by that point i was angery and didnt know why i even tried so i said never mind and walk out but to myself i muttered *ucking douchebag. He follows me out side and tells me to come here and i said no i am good and just get in my car and he walks over and trys to tell me to get out like he what to fight me in his business parking lot in front of customers.. THIS GUY IS A CLASS ACT

this is typical of moe, notorious hot head. i watched something similar to this happen once , back in 01 when i was in highschool. anyways unfortunately i did buy something from them at bugorama.... no complaints though, its a new solid clutch... it mics out just fine, but if it turns out to be crap i guess i get what i paid for....

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
Texas VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for my own knowledge, I sent WCC an email asking about their customer service as I have seen numerous internet material saying they lacked integrity.

This is the response I got back:

We sell over 1000 motors a year and over million dollars a year in parts shipping, all bussiness have the upset customers. We supply over 120 shops with our parts so I assume you have invertently received our parts already with out knowing it. We are currently 67 motors behind. We stand behind everything we sell if it fails not if its abused.
Thank you
West Coast Core
661-726-9915

Then this....

When selling motors to customers and they race them and they blow up, they will always blame the builder even if they blew it up them self. Thanks for emailing.
Thank you
West Coast Core
661-726-9915

I used to live near Lancaster, and know the area well. Sounds like a real crook to me. I'll avoid doing business with them based on the '8' pages of negative feedback.

Good feedback.
USACAMPER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: trannsmission odyssey Reply with quote

I bought a Tranny for a 1983 Vanagon ( core fee $500) $1500 -The VW was stuck in Salt Lake City and nobody up there had one available - John ( West Coast CORE ) send the Tranny to the shop in Salt Lake - quick delivery - ( first thing ) John never told me there is a warranty package that I need to fill out ( a friend of mine was driving the Vanagon so he didn't know anything about warranty package) -- so the shop in Salt lake put the new tranny in the Vanagon and the old tranny in a Box - my friend got back to LA and I delivered in person the tranny to Lancaster 4 h drive - here is my Core- ( second thing) after 6 weeks 10 calls and 10 emails they told me oh you old tranny is not so good we give you $200 - that BS - so I picked my tranny up 4h drive.
And they give me the wrong disassemble Tranny.
John called me he need the wrong tranny back - I told him that I need my tranny back and he delivered my old tranny in the same condition when I dropped the tranny in Lancaster of - they never touch the tranny still oily - so how they can say oh is bad BS-
Now my new tranny is bad - noise from bearings - now John is telling me
quote: I have to take to the builder and let him open it up to see what happened - that BS I paid 1500USD for this - - I am sick of this guy - I will sue him for every penny in small claim court in Lancaster - and he will pay for his BS - DONT BUY FROM THEM THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS THEY A SUCKER
I will give your guys an update.
marshbun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: west coast core is a joke and a rip Reply with quote

I soooooooo wish i would have read all this before i bought my new pistons and jugs from him. i as well saw a great deal on ebay. had a engine all ready to go for a customer all i needed was the new pistons and jugs. i even paid the extra 70 bucks just so i could recive it sooner....... well a week and some change goes by and nothing. i called and someone answered!!! all they could tell me is that it has already shipped. so the call ended and i called the post office and they told me they have no information on the tracking number he gave me. they said it most likey has not been dropped off or picked up to be sent to me yet. so the next day i call again and he says the same thing. i told him if he has not even sent them yet(already a week and half behide) then just return my money. they told me it has already been shipped so i wil get nothing of the sort. i told him the post office says it has not even been shipped and he told me they dont track/scan nothing at all so they don't even know and that i didnt know what i was talking about. some guy named allen was the one on the phone he hung up on me three times and after everything was said and done he told me he does not even work there so he does not have to put up with my problems. ...can someone tell me why the fuck are people that don't work there are trying to tell me my stuff is on the way? to stop worring about it and telling me i wont get a refund. let alone answering the dam phone. the guy acted like a real dick. these guys need to kicked off ebay and never allowed to sell anything again. there a big joke a waste of time and a waste of money. weather this is a guy that works there or not,wwc and this moe guy has earned a bad name to me and alot of other vw owners out here on the east coast. ......o and i have yet to get my parts or money back....
IAMIROY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I gotta go check this place out. No plans on buying anything, unless I find some old type 3 stuff. I have heard a lot of the same bad feedback from the locals around here.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAMIROY wrote:
Wow! I gotta go check this place out. No plans on buying anything, unless I find some old type 3 stuff. I have heard a lot of the same bad feedback from the locals around here.

Why check it out if the feedback is so bad? I would steer clear on the basis of the horrendous feedback indicated here.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IAMIROY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugnut68 wrote:
IAMIROY wrote:

Why check it out if the feedback is so bad? I would steer clear on the basis of the horrendous feedback indicated here.

Why? Because I live about 3 miles from them, so not a big deal to go look.

I went there today and the place was a shithole. The guy was polite and seemed like a normal guy struggling to make a living.
micro-image
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Read it in Black & White - Entire eBay feedback history Reply with quote

Adding my 2cents.

This is really amazing (and quite sad).. By chance I found this thread and couldn't stop reading it.. And then I saw the vendor's eBay ID. Say what? I recognize that name - jjmoneyhogg. Over the years as I have been paroozing bug parts on the Bay, I was quite aware of this seller and the "quality of service" that he may be providing. As I've been able to see all the Neg/Neutral feedback this user has collected on eBay.

I’m adding to this thread to get the word out that there is a (free + ad free) Web site that allows anyone to sort through the tons of eBay feedback on a particular user. It's called www.toolhaus.org. You can input a eBay user’s name and generate a complete list of say, all the neutral + negative feedback they have ever received (other types too). It's really amazing and I've used it to "get a feel" for sellers in the past.

It gives you a whole new view of their dealings. As we all know, it's just about impossible when the seller has 1,000's and 1,000's of entries. You can survive sifting through the first 5 or 10 pages. But after that… you give up. This cuts to the chase and puts all the "important" feedback in one list. I will say for this vendor, it's (as you might have guessed) astounding!

The web page is a bit goofy.. and not laid out well. But what you do is locate the NEGATIVE/NEUTRAL FEEDBACK field (easy, because it’s the 1st one) and enter the sellers ID. Then choose either "Received by" or "Left by". In this case you would choose "Received by". That will list every ever NEG/NEU posted since the seller was in business with eBay (under that user name). BTW. Give it a min or so. There is a percentage gauge that goes from 0% to 100%. It's not done until it shows 100%. It does a lot of digging depending on the amount of feedback.

So instead of depending on chat threads by whoever posts one. You can get a unbiased view of the sellers business practices. And this can't be denied. As it is in black & white.

Hope this helps somebody.. if not now, then in the future, with future sellers.

Once again: www.toolhause.org (free and without advertising). I am not connected to this site in any way. Just stumbled upon it accidently one day.

Randy
56 Oval (that will run someday!)
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they also operate under the ebay id of bosshoggsvwparts. Uses the same address and the phone number is the same as West coast core....

West Coast Core
42144 8th street east
Lancaster, CA 93535

West Coast Core Vw
(661) 726-0151

(info per ebay)
BOSS HOGGS VW PARTS
42144 8TH ST EAST
LANCASTER, CA 93535
United States
Romans 6:13
WTB 67 beetle rear seat belts.
59 Euro ragtop build with my dad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
65 dlx Slow build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391061
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a crankshaft from them on ebay was a Standard 36 crank. Was supposed to be used but still in standard specs. When it got it that was not the case, they agreed to send another crank. Is there anyone in the area that wouldn't mind checking the crank out for me before I have them send it. I just don't want another unusable crank. The guy did tell me in email that standard just means that it has not been turned. I let him know that is what is called a core. I hope it is taken care of and I can end this in a positive note.
Jonathan
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
65 dlx Slow build
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOUBUGME2 wrote:
The guy did tell me in email that standard just means that it has not been turned. I let him know that is what is called a core.

with their feedback and the name West Coast CORE, it's kind of optimistic to expect more...

GEX has. Just sayin
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:
YOUBUGME2 wrote:
The guy did tell me in email that standard just means that it has not been turned. I let him know that is what is called a core.

with their feedback and the name West Coast CORE, it's kind of optimistic to expect more...

I did not know it was them till I had received the crankshaft. They have 2 ebay accounts. Now that I know that I passed along the info in this thread.
65 dlx Slow build
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I see that... It is good that you added the information, could help prevent others from falling for the name change.

GEX has. Just sayin
XbaconX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ran into this guy at a swap meet in TN. Honestly the most condescending and arrogant douchebag I've ever met at a VW function. He seemed shocked that I had never heard of him or his business so I searched it on here as fast as I could. It takes a lot for me to dislike someone as much as this guy, so after reading all these posts I feel a lot better about my anger haha.
1966 Deluxe Sedan Project
AirSchnitz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Buyer Beware: Avoid West Coast Core at all costs Reply with quote

In 2008 I mistakenly purchased an engine from West Coast Core. I bought it on ebay as one of their "economy engines." This engine was a 1600dp that was supposed to have been gone through and freshened up. I was quite cash strapped at the time and wanted to get my 71 bus back on the road.

The engine arrived after about a month. I set it up, installed it, and ran it. The engine wouldn't make oil pressure from the get go. I trouble shot, called them, did what they suggested but it wouldn't come above 20psi at rpm, idle wouldn't even register. This engine came with a warranty so I shipped it back to them. Once they got it back, John a.k.a. Moe, called me to read me the riot act saying that it was my fault. He claimed that I had the spark plug gap too wide and that cylinders 3&4 weren't firing causing there to be no oil pressure. First off, that's total b.s. which I told him. Second off, the gap was to spec. He refused to fix the engine or send it back unless I paid for the additional shipping. I told him this was unacceptable. I contacted the local BBB, filed a complaint, and contacted my credit card company to file a dispute of the charges.

The next day, Moe called me back after VISA cancelled payment to WCC. He offered to build me a fresh completely overhauled engine for an additional $400 and drop the extra shipping charges. I should have known better, but I needed an engine and accepted the offer. I eventually got the new engine which ran okay...at first.

Fast forward a few years. I eventually got my cash issues worked out and had my blown engine built by a local shop that I subsequently found. I pulled out the WCC engine and put it in my beetle. Last week my engine builder and I pulled this engine apart after it started loosing compression and was running hot. This engine that was supposed to be built for a 71 bus, was from a type 3. It was also not a 1584, but a 1641, a very poor choice for a bus due to cylinder cooling issues. Furthermore, we found that the oil pump was completely trashed and was an original VW oil pump. The cam bearings also were so worn they had to be from the factory in Germany circa early 70's. The rods were also originals and the wrist pin sattles wereworn beyond limits. The pistons and cylinders were also out of tolerance. The cylinder heads looked like an old clay pot that's been out in the rain for the last 10 years inside - i.e. cracked and not new. This engine only had 7100 miles on it since Moe and his gang of thieves built it. The only thing of value was the case and flywheel.

Beware of these guys. There are so many other shops in the world that do good work. Don't waste a penny with these guys.
Government
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thank you to the last 8 pages of posts... you just saved me some grief. This place has Heads listed as "rebuilt", containing all new stuff, springs valves, guides etc. for $125 for DPs. I am very very glad to have a highly suspecting nature, saves some time, grief and money. And I almost bought from these guys... they seem to give credence to the saying "buy cheap, buy twice".

And... just an observation, I have not seen another 8 page, very unanimous feeling about a seller like this. And he actually had the gumption to defend himself here, which I see he stopped doing a couple pages back. Sad thing is he said he does a million in business each year, there are that many suckers?

So Mr. Moneyhogg, if you are reading this... Absolutely, me reading this affected my purchase. I could not, in good judgement, buy from a guy with 8 pages of affected customers reports.

*edit* Just for info... the parts I mentioned are for sale on this site! Beware. It is a very appealing deal though, kinda like powerbait to a fish. Smells the same too.
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this guy still a vendor on this site?! I too thought about buying a motor from him. Because I assumed anyone advertising on here had to be vetted.

Even reading his posts you can tell this guy is a moron. I mean not only can he not spell or make a sentence - he makes up words! WTH?!

This company should not be a vendor on this site. That's terrible. I would have posted before buying. But someone this bad should be shunned from every corner of the VW scene. Especially one as respected as Samba.

Just my two cents. I hope this brings this thread back to the top. To warn anyone else off from these guys. I'm sure alot buy from him. As they assume if their advertising on here they must be vetted by the membership. Or at least the owners of the site.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin speaking...

Good question.
I noticed most of the feedback in from a long time ago so I took a look.

It appears that he had quit advertising here for many years until he posted some parts ads in 12/2013 and then more ads recently.

I will review everything but for now, go off the feedback here.
I added a warning to the start of this thread for now.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Admin speaking...

Good question.
I noticed most of the feedback in from a long time ago so I took a look.

It appears that he had quit advertising here for many years until he posted some parts ads in 12/2013 and then more ads recently.

I will review everything but for now, go off the feedback here.
I added a warning to the start of this thread for now.

Thanks Everett. Sounds like your handling it admirably. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: