Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: West Coast Core
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 11, 2024
Harry_BZAC01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

robsled wrote:
So....to flip this thread over....who is the best or most reliable engine builder out there?

First post here and already slipping down the slope with my week old 64 Bus!

That's a great question which I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's respones. I've had good luck with Brothers VW in Ontario (1915 stocker)....I'm picking up my second longblock from them next week.

Also heard good things about Chico in Pasadena.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Harry_BZAC01 wrote:
robsled wrote:
So....to flip this thread over....who is the best or most reliable engine builder out there?

First post here and already slipping down the slope with my week old 64 Bus!

That's a great question which I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's respones. I've had good luck with Brothers VW in Ontario (1915 stocker)....I'm picking up my second longblock from them next week.

Also heard good things about Chico in Pasadena.

There are several reliable builders out there (all of whom would consider themselves "the best") myself included, (although I see myself as "one of", not "the"...as we all have our methods of builds..)

Issue comes down to what the customer considers is best for their pocket most of the time vs. the quality of the build they are getting.

shop a magazine or the web for the lowest price and you won't find "the best" or "most reliable"

shop for a builder who is personally involved in every engine build. Accept the cost and value of his/her knowledge of the engine, knowledge the parts quality avail, etc.. and you'll be on the right track to an engine to count on...

there's a big difference in a $2500 long block vs. a $7500 long block of the same displacement once you learn what your really purchasing.
robsled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

It does get a little muddled with most of the builders, like the one that this thread is about, that run ads that look great with glossy photos of their spotless motors. It's easy to "buy in" to thinking if their ad looks great they must be good!
I'm in SoCal and there are a ton of VW shops....just have to avoid the ones with the bad rep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Josiah Wallace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

So how do us new people know who to trust? I am 17 and new to VW's. I need to have my engine rebuilt but I'm not rich like you guys. I am paying this myself and do not need a race engine but I know enough to know I need it done right. I have $2,000. saved up and my dad said he will throw in another $1,000. so I can get a decent job. How do I find an honest rebuilder at a fair price?
I saw WCC at pomona and was going to use them till I came here.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Sounds like this is your first car and first VW.................You should keep that $3000 in your pocket for at least the next year and learn from this site. If you throw that $3000 out there now, with no knowledge, your bones will be picked faster than..........1) Learn what you are doing from others who have been there before, and 2) DO NOT be in any hurry! I offer this freely....from a VW guy who is 4 times your age...............take your time..............this is in response to above new member, Josiah Wallace
audiman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Josiah Wallace wrote:
So how do us new people know who to trust? I am 17 and new to VW's. I need to have my engine rebuilt but I'm not rich like you guys. I am paying this myself and do not need a race engine but I know enough to know I need it done right. I have $2,000. saved up and my dad said he will throw in another $1,000. so I can get a decent job. How do I find an honest rebuilder at a fair price?
I saw WCC at pomona and was going to use them till I came here.

There is a guy in Perris that is reasonable and has been building engines for over 20 years. He just built a 1914 for me using most of my old stuff, which saves you $$$. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you his contact info. There may be a wait as he only builds 2 engines a month. Welcome to air-cooled!

Let me know, Brian
Casting Timmy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Ordered tooling from the classifieds here on thesamba nd it arrived today. Nicely packaged.
nestbedding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

I have a pretty different experience with Moe and his staff out at West Coast Core.

Last month, I decided to trek to the Bugorama in Sacramento in my 65 Westy. Driving from LA.

Well, as happens in old VW's we broke down in Earlimart. Got towed by AAA to Visalia. Holed up for the night there, in the morning the shop they towed it to didn't have a clue how to work on it so I called Moe at West Coast Core, as they are working on a patina bug for me.

Moe sent his crew 2 1/2 hours to drive to Visalia with a truck and trailer, trailered us back to Rosamond, Ca to their shop, fixed the problem and put us back on the road. And for good measure, followed us up to Bugorama just in case.

Moe went above and beyond for me, I would say that is service like it should be.
Foncris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Hello everyone, before I saw this thread I contacted John Moe from WCC on an add here of a Super Beetle 73-79 used hood he was selling, i live in Miami FL, i left a PM and he called me offering me to save the shipping cost if a was willing to meet him at the Lakeland VW Classic Show on March 15-17 this year, I agreed since it was a 4 hour drive for me and I also get to see the show, I paid 50% through PayPal on January, we met today at the show and to my surprise he had upgraded me with a new unused Italian made hood instead of the Mexican used one I originally bought. I truly had a great experience with WCC. Thanks Moe!!
Mrphoto103
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

I was getting ready to order a built engine from Moe today... Have things changed? Does anyone have good experiences in the past year or so?

As others have requested... I'm looking for someone that I can trust to buy a built 1776 from?
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Mrphoto103 wrote:
I was getting ready to order a built engine from Moe today... Have things changed? Does anyone have good experiences in the past year or so?

As others have requested... I'm looking for someone that I can trust to buy a built 1776 from?

Post your question in a more viewed forum, like engine performance. People have written this vendor off in the past it seems so no one is checking his feedback profile to answer your question.
M Navarro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Good
I write little.
But I can say that a month ago I bought a material for my carburettors from this seller.
He was very fast and attentive, I have problems with the language but he was at all times fighting to help me.
After paying I was a little scared but with the search number I arrived at my house without any mishap.
I can say that I am happy with this seller.
Thank you.
Don 62bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Bought about $500 in parts from West Coast Core. Painless transaction, great customer service, parts arrived quickly and were just what I ordered. Highly recommend.
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

now this guy is selling on facebook! even with the recent positive feedback I'm not sure I would buy from him due to not only the amount of negative feedback; but how he treated those dissatisfied customers. just be careful people!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254509511339997/19...;ref=notif
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in crystal white pearl
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in cinnamon brown pearl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

BUYER BEWARE FOR SURE
id recommend not t use this seller.
i received a case that was poorly packaged ( just a layer or two of bubble wrap and case stuffed in a box that was waaay to small. and ended up having a broken fuel pump stud.
moe took no responsibility and only blamed fedex. he did offer to open a damage case with fedex but said at most they pay me 10 to 20 dollars. ( probably because he barely insured the item )
i told him not to bother, thats a waste of time. but i was still pissed off that this was just left to me, the customer to deal with. moe pretty much says sorry about your bad luck.
a month later i get around to messing with this broken stud which doesn't go well and i email moe telling him where im at with it and im taking it to a machine shop before things get worse. and asked him to pay for their bill.
moe called me all defensive , blaming me and saying i got sidways with him, and what idiot cant get a broken stud out??? so needless to say , he wanted sideways so gave him sideways. how else do you expect a frustrated customer to act when its not their fault they received a damaged item and all you do is weasel out of it and divert the blame to the shipper and the customer????

DO NOT USE THIS SELLER
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
West Coast Core
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Customer purchased said case, We wrapped said case in 24 feet of bubble wrap double wide large bubble, they come in 12 foot sheets, put into corrugated 3 tier wall for 71 pound tess, Case weighs 24 pounds, Customer received the case, emails us and states the upper fuel pump bolt is bent over, We email back stating we can have fixed if like and he said yes please see what you can do, I call FedEx for insurance claim and discussed them about how they want to handle, fedex offered to expedite the issue to call 3 local machine shops and see how much for them to fix, I at this time called 3 machine shops in said customers area, all 3 cam back around $20.00 to remove said bent stud and install new stud, I then proceeded to email customer that Fedex would Pay the $20.00 to have his local machine shops to fix, The customer at this time said no thank you, Ill fix myself as im a Fabrication shop/ Machine shop. fast forward about 1 month, customer Emails me telling me he broke off the easy out in the case as he tried to fix and this is my fault he broke it off and wanted me to pay for the fix. I called the Customer and told him Id send him $50.00 to go to the machine shop still out of our pocket after he broke the tap off in the block, All we got was him screaming at me and threating me, I asked him to listen to what I have to say and he did for a minute. I asked him why would you get all sideways with me when I here to help you, and when Fedex offered to have it fixed at a machine shop which costs us no money as fedex pays, At this time he got really irate and yelling and threatening, At this time I told him id hang up if he kept up, I asked him why he declined the service and he said cause he owns bens Fabrication and Why would I go else where. We stand behind everything we sell but will not tolerate being yelled at or threatened, Just because he decided to machine the case himself and broke off an easy out, that's not the sellers fault he declined it to be done at a professional shop and took the job on himself.
1959SDBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

I purchased two "German, Bosch Voltage Regulators" from him, and he sent three (two Brazillian and one no-name). When I contacted him to point out the error, he almost immediately turned belligerent. You don't need more detail, as it's no surprise after reading the negative reviews here.. In my opinion, you should purchase anything from this man or West Coast Core. I wouldn't trust him. It's a shame, really. He casts a shadow on an otherwise standup group of you here at samba. Spend a little more, and get what you pay for. Only use Paypal so you can send them documentation of his business practices if need be.

Here's a typical email response from him, verbatim:

"I can look and see, but the manner asked foes joy specify really, I'll be back at the shop next tuesday."

It goes on. As for what "asked foes joy specify really" means...your guess is as good as mine.

Thank you, samba, for being an amazing community of people with a wealth of knowledge and resources like this to help those of us interested in keeping our VW's alive without being robbed.
West Coast Core
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

customer ordered 2 of the 6 volt regulators off the samba add, you can read post if you like on items for sale, he paid for 2 and I sent him 3, just in case there was an issue with one of them. He received email stating he didn't receive German, ad states I don't guarantee brand sent, I said return if you don't like and Ill refund, customer stated he wanted German ones and said he saw pics of mine that were German, I told him were closed until next week and you can send back for a refund and if you want to wait, i can look and see if i have ones that say Germany on them, he didn't like this response and said he would bash me on the internet and charge back the items, emailed back saying that it will be the same outcome, I have no idea how to make this customer happy, offered refund immediately, which is in very first email sent, he wanted exchange in next email and I offered to do this when back at the shop......I'm pretty sure everyone has Christmas holiday time away from work as so do I
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

WEST COAST CORE will always WEASEL his way out of anything that isnt correct and turn it around TO BE THE CUSTOMERS FAULT no matter what, as you can see by all these posts and his replies.
i just hope one day he actually shows up to BEAT MY ASS like HE SAID he would.
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
West Coast Core
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

We stand behind everything we sell, we offer the customer refund and if they decline there's not much we can do. If you purchase something from me, and the part is defective I will gladly stand behind ot, not every customer can be satisfied even tho we try, this whole post is what 15 years ago? Really a shop is valued at what they 15 year ago posts? If you dont like my product and dont want to buy, I can appreciate this and respect that, but if you do and theres an issue, call me and I will always help, as long as I'm not being yelled at.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: