Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What filter fits original Kadron air cleaners?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fifthcenturycheese Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: What filter fits original Kadron air cleaners? Reply with quote

Ended up with some original Kadron aircleaners and would like to know what air cleaner fits these? The are slightly smaller than the Empi chinese versions. Any ideas on this or what brand/model number might work? I can put the newer filter in, but then I can't use the origiinal round piece with all the holes stamped into it.

Thanks, Mike
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What filter fits original Kadron air cleaners? Reply with quote

Do a search on forums. The answer is waiting there.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PumaVW79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What filter fits original Kadron air cleaners? Reply with quote

fifthcenturycheese wrote:
Ended up with some original Kadron aircleaners and would like to know what air cleaner fits these? The are slightly smaller than the Empi chinese versions. Any ideas on this or what brand/model number might work? I can put the newer filter in, but then I can't use the origiinal round piece with all the holes stamped into it.

The original PN is K 33002 - 80mm height - 100mm diameter.
BG Brian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What filter fits original Kadron air cleaners? Reply with quote

Wix 42087 or napa gold 2087 I believe they were listed as a corvair air filter
GARRICK.CLARK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: What filter fits original Kadron air cleaners? Reply with quote

Is there not a small diameter mesh type of filter available as kadron's fitted to a ghia mean the boot lid springs cant be fitted and a boot lid prop must be used instead.
A mate is having this issue right now
GARRICK.CLARK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: What filter fits original Kadron air cleaners? Reply with quote

Kaddie shack have a selection of different styles for bugs and ghia's.
Olli from NJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: What filter fits original Kadron air cleaners? Reply with quote

My '71 Ghia that I bought about a year ago came with Kadrons and there was no issue with the decklid springs.

It turns out that the previous owner had installed the Kads with low profile manifolds that he got from the Kaddie Shack. (My Kads are for sale)

https://shop.kaddieshack.com/Refurbished-Aluminum-Low-Profile-Manifolds-Ghia-Preferred-KS-13.htm

Olli

Last edited by Olli from NJ on Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
stevemariott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What filter fits original Kadron air cleaners? Reply with quote

I have a pair of Kadron filters like that, and they use a round metal "insert" (a metal mesh) that fits inside of those filters, and has foam / Uni Filter material wrapped around it.

fifthcenturycheese wrote:

Thanks, Mike
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: