Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

HYDRAULIC CLUTCH ?!?!
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: HYDRAULIC CLUTCH ?!?! Reply with quote

Think I've seen this mounted on a few sandrails. I meet a guy who was building a VW Trike and he had it mounted on there. It looked like it had a pressurized hose( like a brake line), going into it, then conected to the clutch lever, where the cable would normally pull. It was just a small actuator looking thing. My clutch is hard (uncomfortable) for my wife to drive. Would this mode make it easier? Thanks
--Casey Think
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydraulic clutches are much easier on the leg. I've got 'em on my Vanagon and VR6 Passat wagon. My wife has no problems driving the Passat. I'm not sure about the particular set-up you are talking about, but in general they make it easier to operate the clutch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Still want to know what the heck this thing is. If anyone has a picture that would be sweet. Thanks

-Casey
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, It's a hydraulic clutch. Lots of guys run them in sandrails, but they would be a pain to mount in a 'glass buggy, due to the pedal and reservoir size. If you take a look at your stock pedals, then compare them to the hydraulic pedal sets (BP200X and BP1A) in the link below, you'll see where fitment will be a challenge. Especially making room for the reservoirs in your buggies front 'firewall'.

http://www.jamarperformance.com/products/pedals.htm

What pressure plate are you running in your buggy? A feeble old lady ought to be able to collapse a stock pressure plate with the clutch pedal.

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see where she might have a hard time working a 1700 or 2300 Kennedy clutch. Stock one should fine though. Of course, there's always a AUTOSUCK! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: