Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

Link

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

It is illegal by federal law.

Why are you surprised?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

Who said I am surprised? This seems like a huge HIPAA violation.

"Marijuana is saving your life?" -officer Arguing with a stage 4 pancreatic cancer patient.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

"I've told everyone in this hospital I'm doing it"

so he got reported before the place got sued out of existence. it's called CYA.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

Law supercedes HIPPA. The real violation happening is that the patient didn't have enough to share. PT is not a square's line of work you know.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
Who said I am surprised? This seems like a huge HIPAA violation.

"Marijuana is saving your life?" -officer Arguing with a stage 4 pancreatic cancer patient.

And.....not that I care who smokes what (did my share back in the day).....but its a fair question from the cop.

Maybe killing some pain.....helping appetite.....sure!

Bear in mind....Bob Marley died of cancer. If thats not proof that smoking weed DOES NOT cure cancer.....I cant think of what is.
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

ray- i dont think anyone has ever claimed that marijuana cures anything. its not being used to cure cancer. its used by cancer patients who are experiencing wasting syndrome to offset the loss of appetite, and the nausea that happens from chemo. normally they administer an anti nausea medicine that can cause even worse side effects like constipation, and loss of appetite, so they then use another drug to encourage appetite. the cost to benefit analyses shows that its better for a patient, its cheaper and less destructive to the environment and more comfortable and effective to use thc or cbd oils as part of a larger treatment program. instead of using two way way more costly drugs that have cross purposes from one another.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

outcaststudios wrote:
ray- i dont think anyone has ever claimed that marijuana cures anything. its not being used to cure cancer. its used by cancer patients who are experiencing wasting syndrome to offset the loss of appetite, and the nausea that happens from chemo. normally they administer an anti nausea medicine that can cause even worse side effects like constipation, and loss of appetite, so they then use another drug to encourage appetite. the cost to benefit analyses shows that its better for a patient, its cheaper and less destructive to the environment and more comfortable and effective to use thc or cbd oils as part of a larger treatment program. instead of using two way way more costly drugs that have cross purposes from one another.

And.....I noted that in my post. Not one thing you stated...am I not aware of.

However....to the original posters outrage....you cant smoke ANYTHING in a hospital. And MJ is still illegal...and if someone complains...the cops got to do what they got to do.

If you were dying of anything ...and I was two doors down dying from something else .....and you were smoking ANYTHING and effing up my air...I would crawl down the hall and kick your ass if I had the strength. Wink

However...he was not smoking anything...was not arrested...and was only cited. The issue/worry from what I could find out....was THC capsules and "possible"vaping....which is also illegal in a hospital.

So...everyone freaking out and getting outraged...about NOTHING. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
typ914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

If anyone looked up the history of cannabis and it's outlawing. You will see an overreative goverment banned all varieties of cannabis including the beneficial types. Many varieties won't get you high but we're good for other things such as hemp rope.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

Cops said they got a call from someone who smelled MJ. Cops did their job. But should some descretion be used? I think this was a power trip. He was taking MJ by pill form. He said doctors and nurses knew he was taking it.

Imagine the person who snitched on this a guy who is being pumped loads of legal heroin for pain.

The police did and had to do their job. Some descretion should have been used. Cops come in, inform patient of situation, take a big sniff, then walk out.
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

yeah i support the cops here for sure , they do have the ability to use their discretion and they didnt for some reason here which is dumb. no one should smoke anything in or near a hospital ever. they had every right to search him too , it doesnt matter if youre dying, you still cant break the law. i just wouldve kept it more civil if it were me.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

My friend Sue had brain cancer and smoking weed relived her stress and gave her a few minutes of escape.

It worked better than any of the meds the doctors gave her.

The only thing smoking weed cured me from was my short term........ What was i saying?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

There is feeling of empathy for this sick man, and there is the spirit of the law, but why do so many people feel entitled to do whatever they want? that is the bottom line.............

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

Exactly.

Citizens who respect the freedoms of living in this country don't have a problem with very commonly posted rules:
Don't bring files (in cakes) into jailhouses
Don't bring knives into courthouses
Don't bring bombs into airports
Don't bring drugs into hospitals

What the hell is wrong with simply respecting basic, anybody with half a brain can do it rules? If you want to try to break rules- that's on you. Arguing against Police action in this matter is another step toward your goal becoming a "Sovereign Citizen Fail" Youtube video.

The people who are 100% against the police action in this matter are the same folks who are really good at pushing against simple respect for others' rights because they truly feel they are above everyone else and that rules don't apply to them. These same folks would never, ever be seen attending a funeral for an attacked Prison Guard or BP Screener. They're too busy blogging about it during a sit-in.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

hitest wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

Hospitals and doctors rely on drugs!

You better redefine "drug"!
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

ccpalmer wrote:
hitest wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

Hospitals and doctors rely on drugs!

You better redefine "drug"!

If you don't get it- you can't. I knew someone here would not be able to establish context even if it's item number four on a simple list. Wink

FU#5
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

outcaststudios wrote:
yeah i support the cops here for sure , they do have the ability to use their discretion and they didnt for some reason here which is dumb. no one should smoke anything in or near a hospital ever. they had every right to search him too , it doesnt matter if youre dying, you still cant break the law. i just wouldve kept it more civil if it were me.

Perhaps he wanted to go to jail, healthcare is free (to you) once you are incarcerated, and a video proving police overreacting is a sure payout through a lawsuit (or threat of), trending videos, or a gofundme.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

It is the "healing of the nation", mon. Full legalization within 2 years. The patient could have been more discrete and the officer was just doing what he is paid to do.
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: PD searches stage 4 pancreatic patient's hosp room for marijuana Reply with quote

ugh, i hate gofundme's too,they can 'go FUnd' themselves.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: