Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovans Spotted
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Eurovans Spotted Reply with quote

So, I quite enjoy the spotted threads in the other forums, and I think I have searched enough to confirm that we don't have one here in Eurovan-land...so I thought maybe we should try to start one? Would others agree?

In an effort to kick this off, here are two that I regularly see here in Harrisonburg, VA.

A later model weekender, and a short nose full camper.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Also, I had posted this one in the Eurovans in the Snow thread...but I've since still spotted it multiple times at Whitegrass this season. Looks cool with the racks and roof box too..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
douginsacto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovans Spotted Reply with quote

No pix, but about a week or two ago a long-nose EVC spotted my 2001 Weekender on CA-I80 eastbound, and vice versa.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovans Spotted Reply with quote

Edinburgh pulled out of a school gate right in front of me best pic I could quickly get. Really nice looking transporter.

I’ve seen I don’t know more than 10 T6 Californias. VAG continues to really miss the market not offering them here IMO. I’d sell my car and eurovan in a second and buy one for the double duty daily/ camper- still cheaper than a new sprinter conversion by tens of thousands. There are also so many other nice small campers, like smaller than a LWB sprinter. I just don’t understand why we don’t have some of these options stateside (other than the stupid f-ing chicken tax).
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovans Spotted Reply with quote

Totally agree. Modern version of our camper and weekender configs. 30MPG, modern drivetrain and safety features. VW could sell a ton of these in the US...
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/app/local/download-brochure.html?model=california
samba415
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovans Spotted Reply with quote

Also, I had posted this one in the Eurovans in the Snow thread...but I've since still spotted it multiple times at Whitegrass this season. Looks cool with the racks and roof box too..

[/quote]

This is badass. Owner has placed a full length roof rack with four crossbars on a weekender (and a forward loaded a roof box no less). The critical component here is the the geographic context. If no one is opening or camping in the upper bed area, why not utilize a full length rack in the dead of winter on top of dormant camping addition.

Current: '04 Golf TDI, '03 Weekender
samba415
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovans Spotted Reply with quote

...but I've since still spotted it multiple times at Whitegrass this season. Looks cool with the racks and roof box too..

[/quote]

Do me (us) a solid, since this van appears to you often, take some close up pictures of that rack set up on a weekender.

Current: '04 Golf TDI, '03 Weekender
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovans Spotted Reply with quote

Actually I don't think I'll see this one anymore. I remember seeing it for sale, and the owner replaced it with some other well-equipped van that I now see at Whitegrass...never really connected with them! I am sure it is out there somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
studioh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovans Spotted Reply with quote

these 2 spotted in Boardman Ohio at the transmission shop

Please forgive the distance- this was taken by one of my YOURS IS NOT THE ONLY EUROVAN friends

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: