Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Camshaft ID?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

Trying to identify this cam... Confused

“41”

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

I am not positive but it may be one of the CB-Performance Racing Series 3 cams the Eagle CB-2241. Interesting gear never saw one cut like that.
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

It’s an old cam I got way back from the old coot Bill May (RIP). Came with the gear which he said it improved oiling. Confused

I ran it before in a short lived 1600. It was a screamer! Shocked

Quote:
Lift @ cam .386"

Sounds about right. Thanks! Cool
mcmscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

CB 2241, copy of a 110https://www.cbperformance.com/searchresults.asp?Search=2241&Submit=

68 Ghia
67 T-1
65 Notch
02 Mexican beetle
74 Thing
15 Long travel rail
07 Nomad
05 f-250
Olli from NJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/2241.htm

mcmscott, I think that when you added the link there wasn't a space after the 110.

Olli
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

Its a CB 2241
It is (luckily) not a copy of the W110. It is more like a Web 119. Likes Compression. Nice cam for smaller nippy engines with dual carbs. - Screamer(?) No. Not unless you consider anything above 4500 a screamer. Depending on set up it is typically peaking around 5300 rpm. If heads etc are really good somewhat higher.

T
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mcmscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:
Its a CB 2241
It is (luckily) not a copy of the W110. It is more like a Web 119. Likes Compression. Nice cam for smaller nippy engines with dual carbs. - Screamer(?) No. Not unless you consider anything above 4500 a screamer. Depending on set up it is typically peaking around 5300 rpm. If heads etc are really good somewhat higher.

T

When you copy a cam the master looses some lift. It is indeed a copy of the 110. What do I know? I only worked there almost 7 years.

68 Ghia
67 T-1
65 Notch
02 Mexican beetle
74 Thing
15 Long travel rail
07 Nomad
05 f-250
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

Really (?) I have NEVER lost 6-7 degrees of duration when copying a cam Shocked
Nevertheless its still a nice cam for smaller dual carbed engines.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:

Nevertheless its still a nice cam for smaller dual carbed engines.

I can’t quite remember the setup I used it on before but it was either a 1600 or a 1641. Probably stock heads too. I called it a screamer because I ran it in the Plump Truck and even with the tall assed tires it would rev up with a quickness and burn the rubber with ease! Surprised

The case was used and of very questionable history so it gave up the ghost in short order. I plan to use this cam in the next 1800 stroker motor I’ll build. Cool
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

COOL, I believe it
The engle 110 has existed since 1970, I am sure it has been re-designed many times from then to the present. I've charted out the #41 and it does look like an old slightly worn down engle 110
in fact you could say, it matches engles cam card better than some actual engle 110s do. Razz
oldschool5er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
It’s an old cam I got way back from the old coot Bill May (RIP). Came with the gear which he said it improved oiling. Confused

We cut them on a lathe like that back in the 70's. It was an attempt to help the oil sling off the cam gear easier and squeeze out of the mesh easier with the thought that you would gain a slight increase in HP. We also did the same to the steel gear and at times even narrowed them both to try and gain an edge in limited engine racing. It was way before we had straight cut cam gears come to market. I have seen teeth come off of a cam gear that was grooved like that when the builder didn't size the cam gear right. Back then we would try anything for an advantage but I never saw much of an increase if any.

Full machine shop with all types of CNC. Rapid prototyping available, CNC Plasma cutting, 3D printing and Laser engraving.

Last edited by oldschool5er on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

My cam gear has a groove. nearly 10000 miles on it now.
Just did it to be cool like the old guys and get that extra 1/4 hp
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

improved oiling to what???? Shocked the cam gear is in a bath of oil already , and the case has a built in oil scraper to remove the exses oil so it dont just sling around and foam the oil, also it keeps the oil pump lower portion covered in oil, thus the slip fit oil pump works........that removed portion will not get scraped. and yes cb 2241. I may even have one on the shelf.
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Camshaft ID? Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: