Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is wrong with society?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

baby steps...

1st thing is WANTING a better situation. sure.. adult ed isn't on par with a university...but can open doors. the desire comes from within...

don't wait for your ship to come in row out and meet it I think was said by coach "bear" Bryant.

you can't help those who don't ask....

plus there are too many hand outs....and not enough hand up's. why better yourself if your way is paid? I'm all for helping when people are down and out, I am not for people living that lifestyle while I kill myself to pay for it

I'm sure all those folks out there without money and the opportunity to learn a skill set to pull themselves from where they are don't WANT that. People love to be poor and miserable. It helps with the stereotype that low income people are lazy and useless.

" Why better yourself if your way is paid?" Seriously? Should we stop giving scholarships? What if College was free, like K-12? Id rather spend tax money on that than soy bean subsides. give people a skill set , they get a job and they pay taxes so your share of would be less. Right?

You're not "all for helping people." You "cant help those who don't ask" and then say you're all for helping people who are down and follow that with you're not "for people living that lifestyle". I have no idea what that means There are abusers of every system but to make a blanket statement that people in that situation aren't asking just shows you aren't listening.

HA! free K-12? what planet do you live on? our property tax just went up 2k/year for a school...a school for <100 kids PER YEAR graduating...not due to anything else but a small town...no one lives here. I would have been ok w/ sending the kids to a bigger school with better opportunities than stickville high has to offer...

have no idea what what means? I'm cool with welfare when people fall and need a hand. not cool with those who CAN work...but don't. because why bother if someone is going to pay for "that" lifestyle.

don't put words in my mouth.

rereading what I wrote, I can see the possible confusion. it's worse the way you wrote it. what I was trying to say is I would rather pay for people to be trained/educated to better themselves than suck off a living when they CAN work and take from those who really and truly can't...like the disabled or elderly. you know the old teach a man to fish adage....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
...Not having the opportunity for a good education perpetuates the cycle... no one wants to teach in your yard does that mean you have no motivation?

If you can't learn on your own, then you won't learn in a classroom either.
shortride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

Deterioration of people’s attitudes, as shown by many who are “unthankful, disloyal, . . . not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride.”​ 2 Timothy 3:​1-4.

Retired US Army - 21 years 11B40, 173rd Airborne Brig. - Vietnam Combat Veteran
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

Meanwhile, last night in the capital city of NC...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs17.com/amp/new...1884366882

Nothing to see here, just a training exercise. Rolling Eyes

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.

Last edited by TDCTDI on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
420GOAT
Samba Member

Location: Wilmington, CA on a nice quiet street but still in the 'hood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

kpf wrote:
crofty wrote:
...Not having the opportunity for a good education perpetuates the cycle... no one wants to teach in your yard does that mean you have no motivation?

sorta kinda true, i worked in a classroom for 5 years with k-5 kids. usually the outside forces at home or otherwise really hindered their attention and learning ability. many just needed to be assured someone gave a sh**t. then they were actually ok years later at graduation to middle school. but that kind of nurturing needs to be given at all levels because so many surely dont get it at home.
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

420GOAT wrote:
kpf wrote:
crofty wrote:

sorta kinda true, i worked in a classroom for 5 years with k-5 kids. usually the outside forces at home or otherwise really hindered their attention and learning ability. many just needed to be assured someone gave a sh**t. then they were actually ok years later at graduation to middle school. but that kind of nurturing needs to be given at all levels because so many surely dont get it at home.

Crofty was talking about higher education. I agree that children need mentors, ideally both at home and at school. By the end of 12th grade, hand-holding does more harm than good.
420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

kpf wrote:
420GOAT wrote:
kpf wrote:
crofty wrote:

Crofty was talking about higher education. I agree that children need mentors, ideally both at home and at school. By the end of 12th grade, hand-holding does more harm than good.

i agree adults need help, but the if the focus were earlier, it would be easier. the kids i knew were getting into stuff by the 5th grade, so criminal histories start early on.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

In this country - opportunities are everywhere. All one needs to do is go do it. But some people think they are owed something so they wait for others to be 'given what they are owed.'

Well..for one I don't owe anyone anything. If you don't want to better yourself, then you deserve every bit of misfortune coming your way.

LIfe is hard. It is even harder if you are stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

Go ahead and credit John Wayne for saying that^^^^^^^
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

in the uk the government is looking to make teachers and health service staff responsible for identifying violent trends in youngsters and to report it. they can even face charges if it is later found that they took no action...! no mention at all of any responsibility of the parent(s) in knowing what their kids are up to and controlling them! Rolling Eyes

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

another click-bait thread.. Rolling Eyes with the usual nutter responses of guns, guns, blah blah blah.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

kpf wrote:
420GOAT wrote:
kpf wrote:
crofty wrote:

No, I wasn't. I was talking about poor, inner city or similar school districts that teachers don't want to teach in.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.

Last edited by crofty on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

HA! free K-12? what planet do you live on? our property tax just went up 2k/year for a school...a school for <100 kids PER YEAR graduating...not due to anything else but a small town...no one lives here. I would have been ok w/ sending the kids to a bigger school with better opportunities than stickville high has to offer...

have no idea what what means? I'm cool with welfare when people fall and need a hand. not cool with those who CAN work...but don't. because why bother if someone is going to pay for "that" lifestyle.

don't put words in my mouth.

rereading what I wrote, I can see the possible confusion. it's worse the way you wrote it. what I was trying to say is I would rather pay for people to be trained/educated to better themselves than suck off a living when they CAN work and take from those who really and truly can't...like the disabled or elderly. you know the old teach a man to fish adage....

Living on welfare is hardly a "living". I'm not denying there is fraud in the system, there is in every system. If there are people who are on the dole but are capable of a job they should get one. And like you said, we should educated them to get a BETTER one. Having more educated people around isn't a bad thing, unless you are a politician I suppose. so why not do that BEFORE we get into a situation where we have a workforce that is capable of moving around to different sectors of the workforce without needing public assistance?!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

Why don't they want to teach there? Wink

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
Why don't they want to teach there? Wink

Google it.

Low income districts get less money, language barriers, lower ratio of experienced teachers, difficult students, etc.

https://www2.ed.gov/offices/OUS/PES/studies-school-violence/school-crime-pattern.pdf

''The analysis shows that violence is clustered within a relatively small percentage of locations, with about 60 percent of the violence occurring in 4 percent of the schools. This is about four times higher than would be expected based on national rates of crime."

Unfortunately, most of the serious crime in schools is caused by mentally unstable white men...

HamburgerBrad wrote:

420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

the question is whats wrong? i think we get many many glimpses of negativity because its so easy to access each other now. these used to be the crazy stories wed hear about but never saw. do you remember those? so lets lay it out. i think the connection with each other is lost because thats how those that engineer society want it. empathy is lost and looking out for # 1 is #1. i am surprised by those that are closer to the end of their lives whom exhibit a clinging nature and wont let go. yes the world is changing. but i sense an awakening slowly but surely coming.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

Unfortunately, most of the serious crime in schools is caused by mentally unstable white men...

Where in your example does it say this? The analysis that you presented seems to go out of it's way to not directly compare the white offenders vs the "disadvantaged" offenders.

I have been in lots of schools, in big cities & small towns, & depending on where they were, the student population had HUGE differences in it's diversity. Where were the schools that were in this analysis?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

One question that has been bothering me: Where are all the upscale black neighborhoods? Have the whites oppressed these people to the point where they'll never be able to achieve the American dream?

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
crofty wrote:

Where in your example does it say this? The analysis that you presented seems to go out of it's way to not directly compare the white offenders vs the "disadvantaged" offenders.

I have been in lots of schools, in big cities & small towns, & depending on where they were, the student population had HUGE differences in it's diversity. Where were the schools that were in this analysis?

Not always by students but violence in schools by gunman.

Newton, Santa Monica, Columbine, Parkland, etc.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with society? Reply with quote

Which has nothing to do with education. <eye roll>

There are good and bad in every race. I know this about white people; we have created the longest lasting free society that is welcoming all peoples of the planet. Another interesting question; I would like to see all the worlds inventions broken down by race. Would there be a pattern?

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: