Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Strange noise coming from 99 EV near throttle body when off?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
piotr.wor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Strange noise coming from 99 EV near throttle body when off? Reply with quote

Ok so this is a strange one. I have a CEL and some misfiring going on when its raining and when i parked the car and turned it off and removed the key I thought i heard the fans turning on. Well the fans are not on. The van has been now sitting for about 8 hours, is cold, and every 10 min something is turning on near the throttle body for about 2 mins and then turns off. Its sounds like some sort of pump or fan internally.
Does anyone have any idea?

Totally stumped on this one.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange noise coming from 99 EV near throttle body when off? Reply with quote

It could be evap system testing or the after run coolant pump
piotr.wor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange noise coming from 99 EV near throttle body when off? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

After run coolant pump makes sense after reading about it. Thanks for the tip, Any idea what to do before it drains my battery?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange noise coming from 99 EV near throttle body when off? Reply with quote

piotr.wor wrote:
Abscate wrote:

After run coolant pump makes sense after reading about it. Thanks for the tip, Any idea what to do before it drains my battery?

Pull the Plug off it for now. If you drive it on the highway, idle it for a minute after a run to perform the cool down function. If it’s just used in the city, no worries
piotr.wor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Strange noise coming from 99 EV near throttle body when off? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
piotr.wor wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Pull the Plug off it for now. If you drive it on the highway, idle it for a minute after a run to perform the cool down function. If it’s just used in the city, no worries

Thank you!
piotr.wor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Strange noise coming from 99 EV near throttle body when off? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
piotr.wor wrote:
Abscate wrote:

I pulled the plug off the plug by the heater core / firewall and its still running. Its actually running non stop now. Maybe its the Evap testing you mentioned ?I disconnected the battery or now but stumped again.... any ideas?
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Strange noise coming from 99 EV near throttle body when off? Reply with quote

I think that’s the sensor wire. Try pulling off the plug at the pump

I use a hose to track down the source of noises, put one end in your ear and use it to track down what’s running.

I think the evap pump is under the car, maybe it’s the air pump?

Are you in the Hudson valley?
piotr.wor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Strange noise coming from 99 EV near throttle body when off? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I think that’s the sensor wire. Try pulling off the plug at the pump

I use a hose to track down the source of noises, put one end in your ear and use it to track down what’s running.

I think the evap pump is under the car, maybe it’s the air pump?

Are you in the Hudson valley?

Thats a great idea. Thank you.

I am. I live in Woodstock.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: