Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What engine do I have?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
58Olstor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

Help! Is there anybody who can help me with the identification of my VW-engine in my type 2 panel van from 1961. It looks like the engine is a replacement motor.
The engine number is F2125402 and there is also a forged number on the block 34 W 211.101.101. D
On the two tops there is forged 113.101 373 B 33 and 37. On the fan house there is stamped 1.3
Torstein Olsen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
western auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

look in "technical" section under vin/chassis numbers....
House
Minutia Militia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

Not sure what it is now, but it most likely started life as a 1300cc engine in a non-US 1968-1970 Beetle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58Olstor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

western auto wrote:
look in "technical" section under vin/chassis numbers....

Hi
Thank you for your suggestion but the engine is not listed in the VIN/Chassis list.
58Olstor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

House wrote:
Not sure what it is now, but it most likely started life as a 1300cc engine in a non-US 1968-1970 Beetle.

Hi
Thank you for your answer. I can not find a list for this type of engine number. Do you have any information?
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

58Olstor wrote:
House wrote:

Hi
Thank you for your answer. I can not find a list for this type of engine number. Do you have any information?

it's in the technical section

"July 1970 F2 140 820 Last engine of F2 series 1300 SP"

again, this means nothing except what the case itself started as, you'll have to measure it to see what it is currently
58Olstor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
58Olstor wrote:
House wrote:

Hi

again, this means nothing except what the case itself started as, you'll have to measure it to see what it is currently

Thank you very much Very Happy
The pistons are Ø 77mm and I assume then that the engine is a 40 h p 1300cc I will measure before ordering any new parts.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

58Olstor wrote:
Erik G wrote:
58Olstor wrote:
House wrote:

Hi

The pistons are Ø 77mm and I assume then that the engine is a 40 h p 1300cc I will measure before ordering any new parts.

americans struggle with european horsepower ratings... 34PS 1200cc is a 40 horse here in the US... I bet the 1300cc 40PS probably had some weird horsepower rating here in the US.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
b-man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

The US spec 1300 single port engines were rated at a stout 50 hp @ 4600 rpm, they were likely the highest revving Type I engines from the factory. There was quite a noticeable performance difference as compared to the 40 hp 1200.
58Olstor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

Hi
Thank you for your information Very Happy Do you know if there is any documentation for this engine type available on internet?

Regards from Norway.
Torstein Olsen
58Olstor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
58Olstor wrote:
Erik G wrote:
58Olstor wrote:
House wrote:

Hi

americans struggle with european horsepower ratings... 34PS 1200cc is a 40 horse here in the US... I bet the 1300cc 40PS probably had some weird horsepower rating here in the US.

Hi
Thank you for your update Very Happy I will try to figure out what performance this motor has. If you there is any technical information you know about on the internet I will be interested.

Regards from Norway
Torstein Olsen
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

I don't speak or read german, but the 70 beetle owners guide in German mentions this 1300. 69x77, hope this helps

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/70beetle_german.php

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

58Olstor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
I don't speak or read german, but the 70 beetle owners guide in German mentions this 1300. 69x77, hope this helps

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/70beetle_german.php

Thank uou Very Happy
b-man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

58Olstor wrote:
Hi
Thank you for your information Very Happy Do you know if there is any documentation for this engine type available on internet?

Regards from Norway.
Torstein Olsen

Here’s a page from the 1966 Beetle owners manual showing the general engine specs for the 1300 single port engine, originally posted in the Technical section here on The Samba by Everett Barnes.

They’re known for being the longest lasting Type I engines.

58Olstor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: What engine do I have? Reply with quote

b-man wrote:
58Olstor wrote:
Hi

Regards from Norway.
Torstein Olsen

Here’s a page from the 1966 Beetle owners manual showing the general engine specs for the 1300 single port engine, originally posted in the Technical section here on The Samba by Everett Barnes.

They’re known for being the longest lasting Type I engines.

Hi
Thank you Very Happy

This engine made in 1965 should probably be a 1300cc of the F1 serie? I have an F2 made in 1970 according to the VIN list. Is F0; F1 and F2 all 1300cc? I see that VW specified the engine 1300cc engine DIN 50 h p at 4600rpm in 1965 and later SAE 40 h p at 4000 rpm Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: