Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The 1500 Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67'squareback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I obviously don't qualify for you club. I have a 67.

Can I still show up at your BBQ ??
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell ya! All T3 nuts are more than welcome to the Q.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with alot of help from Lee H. Ive got the site up. Its been slow going with life getting in the way, but its up and going. I have a few more member that need their spot filled in the member section.

The site is a bit bland but I hope to make it more informative in the near future. Any and all comments are apriciated. Thanks all for the support.

http://the1500club.com/

jason

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busguy1959
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome looking website, man.

Good luck with it!
'67 Bug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the newest logo.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The website should be updated soon as well. Anyone interested in the club or being featured on the site, contact Notchboy.
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55OvalCharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
Here's the newest logo.

The website should be updated soon as well. Anyone interested in the club or being featured on the site, contact Notchboy.

Oooooohhhhh!!!! I LIKE THAT! Do we get nice shiny stickers????

cool!
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just printed them and I got on the t-shirts. They will go to the printers next week. 55Oval, did you send your info to Jason?
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55OvalCharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
I just printed them and I got on the t-shirts. They will go to the printers next week. 55Oval, did you send your info to Jason?

Sure did - he's got some photos and a bit of text - just give me a shout if you need more pics etc.... I'm a budding photographer so have quite a few, and with the weather getting better by the day, more will follow I'm sure.
The Notch is now entered in our Stanford Hall VW show at the end of April so will get some pics there of the type 3s for you all.
wakywaco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see only one real problem with your club. Besides the fact that keeping a car the original color, and stock height, You gotta remember that these cars are 40 years old or so, How many stock type3s do you know left, or how many are in good shape. Things like Dashes, arm rest, gauges, and a slew of other items are no longer availible, and stupid parts like corect fuel pumps are hard to find, if not impossible, and if one truns up some bozo thinks its worth gold. Realisticly keeping a early type 3 100% correct is not possible. Now if the aftermarket would get busy repopping early dashes etc, then maybe we'd have a chance to have nice stock cars. I plan on making my 65 square as stock as possible witht he exception of lowering it. And I just located a 63 notch too. Its on a IRS pan, is missing gobs of stuff, so itll never be original. It could but Im ot about spending $1200 on a good used wrap around dash. Itll likely be a resto mod car as well. It realy sucks that all these companies overlook the type3s, sure would be nice to be able to order anything for it, like a beetle Sad My square was originaly white, but its going sea blue , same year paint, just body color change. The notch,,,who knows Confused
55OvalCharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean waky about parts being damn hard to get hold of - but if you persevere you'll get there in the end if you are dead set on getting certain bits.

For instance, I just got full set of red needle guages for well under $100, plus my collection of armrests seems to be growing by the day - ok, they're not all perfect but they can all be made presentable.

But hey - they're your rides so you can do whatever you like - a Type 3 on the road is way better than one in pieces!!! Very Happy
wakywaco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

55OvalCharlie wrote:
I know what you mean waky about parts being damn hard to get hold of - but if you persevere you'll get there in the end if you are dead set on getting certain bits.

For instance, I just got full set of red needle guages for well under $100, plus my collection of armrests seems to be growing by the day - ok, they're not all perfect but they can all be made presentable.

But hey - they're your rides so you can do whatever you like - a Type 3 on the road is way better than one in pieces!!! Very Happy

I still havent picked the square up yet, maybe tonight, but I would like to keep the car white if I could find an all red interior for it. Ive wanted for atleast 15 years to have an early type III with all red interior, dash and all,,,,,oooooooooooooooooooooh Cool
55OvalCharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakywaco wrote:

I still havent picked the square up yet, maybe tonight, but I would like to keep the car white if I could find an all red interior for it. Ive wanted for atleast 15 years to have an early type III with all red interior, dash and all,,,,,oooooooooooooooooooooh Cool

Wow - red dash eh! that might be tough to find - only ever seen one in the flesh. Guess you could alway buy a naff second hand black dash and see how good a finish you can get with plasticote vinyl paint???? I've seen some good results with it (but also some not so good Smile )
show us some pics when you get it!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
Here's the newest logo.

NICE
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not exactly new to type 3s, but am still learning more daily, as i am sure most of us our. I would like to check out the site and join up with you guys. I need motivation to keep my car stock, its tempting to drop it!
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakywaco wrote:
I see only one real problem with your club. Besides the fact that keeping a car the original color, and stock height, You gotta remember that these cars are 40 years old or so, How many stock type3s do you know left, or how many are in good shape. Things like Dashes, arm rest, gauges, and a slew of other items are no longer availible, and stupid parts like corect fuel pumps are hard to find, if not impossible, and if one truns up some bozo thinks its worth gold. Realisticly keeping a early type 3 100% correct is not possible. Now if the aftermarket would get busy repopping early dashes etc, then maybe we'd have a chance to have nice stock cars. I plan on making my 65 square as stock as possible witht he exception of lowering it. And I just located a 63 notch too. Its on a IRS pan, is missing gobs of stuff, so itll never be original. It could but Im ot about spending $1200 on a good used wrap around dash. Itll likely be a resto mod car as well. It realy sucks that all these companies overlook the type3s, sure would be nice to be able to order anything for it, like a beetle Sad My square was originaly white, but its going sea blue , same year paint, just body color change. The notch,,,who knows Confused

Part of the purpose of the club is to keep people motivated and to offer assistance when redoing a car. The parts are out there it just takes some time and the willingness to step up to the plate($$$) when it happens. Nice early cars that are mostly original exsist, just ask Jason, Russell, Everett, 55oval, myself, Pelle, the list goes on. The only things that are truely impossible to find are early seat material and wrap around dashes. Dustin, think of how nice the ride is before dropping it. Heck that stuff can be changed easily.
the1500club.com
55OvalCharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
The only things that are truely impossible to find are early seat material and wrap around dashes.

And I even know where there are some NOS seat covers but the dude won't sell !
Just realised - I really should change my user name - 55OvalCharlie just doesn't sit right when I got rid of the Oval 4 years ago does it - Any suggestions for my new name???? Now be polite people Laughing
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy was selling an NOS front seat cover on eBay (if I remember right) about a year ago. I asked for more photos and it was all dirty.

Such a let down.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

55OvalCharlie wrote:
ibjack wrote:
The only things that are truely impossible to find are early seat material and wrap around dashes.

And I even know where there are some NOS seat covers but the dude won't sell !
Just realised - I really should change my user name - 55OvalCharlie just doesn't sit right when I got rid of the Oval 4 years ago does it - Any suggestions for my new name???? Now be polite people Laughing

well what do you drive now>? How about "1500Charlie" or "CHUCK1500"
Or UpChuckTypeIII, or "CHRLESNCHRGE" Maybe even "MANSON" thats a good one
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55OvalCharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To prove even more that the parts are still out there - currently winging their way to me is a stink load of NOS Type 3 and 2 (not so much bus stuff though) parts that I found still at a VW Dealership in Canada!!! If you look - yee shall find.
Can't wait for the box to arrive - so much stuff I've forgotten what's in it!! Wink
55OvalCharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMNCLNR wrote:

well what do you drive now>? How about "1500Charlie" or "CHUCK1500"
Or UpChuckTypeIII, or "CHRLESNCHRGE" Maybe even "MANSON" thats a good one

Laughing
ha - like the up chuck one.

car's a 62 Notch
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 192

Jump to: