Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The 1500 Club
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

The 1500 Club

Guidelines:

1) Only Type 3’s built from 1961 thru 1965 will be allowed. Models reflective of this are the Notchback, Squareback and Type 3 Ghia.
2) All cars must have originally come with a 1500 cc motor. Cars will not need to retain the original displacement but motor must be stock in appearance.
3) Colors and two tone options must be from the VW range of the time. Colors outside the T3 range but with-in the VW chart will be acceptable.
4) Cars cannot be lowered and must retain the stock rims.
5) Accessories from the era are welcome and highly encouraged.
6) Bottom line, your car must be as close as it was the day it was new baring the allowed modifications and accessories.

The 1500 Club’s intent is geared toward the preservation and restoration of the early Type 3. I hope to provide a collection of early T3’s that meet a standard close to which they came with from the factory. Stock and unmodified is the theme I plan to explore with this club. I have chosen the production between 61-65 to be the years in which will be allowed into the club. Hence the name” The 1500 Club “as these cars originally came with a 1500cc motor. I feel these early cars reflect an innocent, simpler time for the T3 and VW. Upon being accepted to the club you will receive a permanent spot on the website gallery and archive. A club sticker and certificate reflecting your cars authenticity will be sent to you. Only cars meeting these strict guidelines will be given the The 1500 Club accommodations. You will be a part of some of the best stock T3’s in the world. Your efforts in accuracy will hope to be an inspiration to others.

Regards,
Jason Weigel
President and founder of The 1500 Club

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shayme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclusive clubs in the VW world? No thanks. I don't need a sticker or "certified" paper to make me feel good about my car. Razz
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm there dude. Mines a stocker. I have domed 83mm pistons....Is that bad? Very Happy

Mike

Last edited by vwovalguy on Mon May 10, 2004 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wolfman's brother
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,my car will be lowered(2 and 1)but can easily be reset to stock,it's not like a major body mod I can't change once it's done. it will also be rolling brm's but the stock wheels will be on the sidelines restored and ready for action at a moment's notice,and I have the 1835 but plan on building the OG 1500 and put it on the shelf once I get all the "correct" parts and $ to do it.

besides that I'm building the car just like the factory did but adding some classy accessories but I'm still cast aside,sad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shayme wrote:
Exclusive clubs in the VW world? No thanks. I don't need a sticker or "certified" paper to make me feel good about my car. Razz

Go on with your bad self. The club is not meant to isolate but honor the ones that take the extra step to preserve. When someone asks how did a 64 notch look in 64, I wont be able to point them to your ride.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shayme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that it isn't cool to have an all stock car for reference or nostalgia or whatever you want to call it. But I think that a registry/list similar to the one that was being considered on here earlier would be a little better. I don't think there needs to be a "president" or "founder." If anybody is going to get credit for original VWs it should be the engineers who designed them.

Nothing personal Notchboy, I just don't have any respect for status. It's kind of like workers and management, the workers do all the work while management tells them what to do. Without the ordinary workers management wouldn't have a job. So you wouldn't be president without all the collectors who work on their cars and join your club. But it seems like you are going to give the recognition to the members and if that's the case it would be more fair.

Just something to think about.
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been my experience that most workers lack the motivation or have any clue of what to do without being told what to do. Those workers who do usually get promoted to management for more $$$. I know that this is not always the case, but..... Jason is a source of years of hands on knowledge. He has all the credit that he needs. This club is not meant to make Jason the head guru or anything like that but to provide help to those T3 owners who want to know how to restore their car to be close to what it was like from the factory. I think that if you knew Jason you'd understand the purpose of the club better.
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When deciding on the concept of early car apriciation I often wonder if a "club" would be the right type of tag I wanted. Registry should encompas the entire T3 range and Im not up to that. Group, consortium,pack,fellowship,orginisation,pod,gaggle.....these dont seem to fit eithor. I am into early T3s. I always have and always will. I have never owned anything other than a T3 and no older than a 68. I have felt the shunn from the regular VW people all through my time in this hobby that we all feel every time we go to a show, so I am empithetic tward T3 people that dont fit an even smaller nitch Im hoping to create. I have no desire to know how a FI works nor do I want to. I have had custom lowered rides when I was younger but came to a big turning point when I restored a 62 notch to as close to factory as possible. To me it was a hell of alot harder and expensive to do so. (Not to say most resto-custom rides now are very well executed and expensive)So Im hooked on it, stock restos that is. To date there has never been such a club strictly for early, stock T3s. NONA belive it or not started this way but surcome to masses of modified notch people wanting in. I was one of them with my lowered black 64 that briefly made it into HVWs. So with all that I know most T3 people wont fit in. But I also hope that if you want to know what kind of drums came on a 63 or what kind of fuel pump is correct for a 65, you wil come to my site and see. Because I hope it to be one more piece of correct accurate info on these special cars.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry not to bag on anyone or anything. My signature "you talk the talk, but do you walk the walk" is there as a personal reminder to me. I do plan on following through with the club. Over the years alot of people have interjected and tell you their opinion on how things should be. Its human nature I supose. But Ive only met a hand full of people personaly that have done good on promises and intents tword the T3. Bill & Steve, Lee Hedges, Everrett Barnes, Alex @ISP, [email protected], (shoot me now)Tobby or Bryan with the Invasion and the man himself Martin a DDB for starting grass roots T3 sales. I think Martin got pissed at me when I told all to start their own F@#king club! But I didnt mean to direct the @$#$ at you Martin. You are Da Man! I wouldnt have my trailor with a missing tail light if you didnt step up and help out Laughing So anyway my ultimate long winded point is, start your own or atleast offer time to an exsisting T3 related club, group, gaggle pod or what ever if what I offer dont fit. The T3 comunity as a whole can only gain. Smile

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
TheDDB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
I think Martin got pissed at me when I told all to start their own F@#king club! But I didnt mean to direct the @$#$ at you Martin. You are Da Man! I wouldnt have my trailor with a missing tail light if you didnt step up and help out Laughing " The T3 comunity as a whole can only gain. Smile
"

Umm-
Jason I didnt get pissed at you , crap- I didnt take it that way---, between our club,events and building and selling t3's and parts I dont have time to get pissed.
I think that it is good thing that you have the desire to do your own thing for the early cars more power to you!

Most of the DDB is the next level, big motors, air bags , hydro's, Rag tops and Bling! And hey some of the things we do is often frowned on also, so you cant make everyone happy all the time.

I to enjoy the early cars and the differences from the later cars --from my 63 notch[bone stock] to my 69 fasty[not even close to stock] and my 71 square [just real low] they are all cool, and I enjoy them all. Isnt that really what it is all about?
Shit I still get crap from people who want to join the DDB with other type's of VW's , they dont understand when I say " Sorry it for Type 3's only".

I think people should take it upon them selfs to start local clubs if they want ,it cant hurt ...it can only be a good thing.

Heck I hope you have good luck with you early club as it could be something realy cool.

Just dont ask me for parts Mad .....cause I am going out to the shop to crush all the early sp tin , early slotted wheels, pushbutton dashes,orange needle gauges,"n" only parts, 6 volt tachs, and s dash pads into little tiny nothings Twisted Evil just cause I can. Razz

Home of the only bolt on type 3 air ride kit
http://www.theDDB.com

Its a type 3 thing, so you might not understand
Yes I Walk the Walk

Last edited by TheDDB on Mon May 10, 2004 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheDDB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dont ask me for parts Mad .....cause I am going out to the shop to crush all the early sp tin , early slotted wheels, pushbutton dashes,orange needle gauges,"n" only parts, 6 volt tachs, and s dash pads into little tiny nothings Twisted Evil just cause I can. Razz[/quote]

" No Type 3 parts were hurt after this statement"

Yes I Walk the Walk
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. I did notice those pinwheel drums on the rims you posted pics of. Whats the scoop? They off the 63? Or are they up for grabs? Twisted Evil

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
TheDDB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are a "spare set"...that is up for grabs.
The entire front end is...minus the brake cylinders...

If you need them I might sell them to you. Surprised

Yes I Walk the Walk
TheDDB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah--

If we make it down for the classic....the beers are on you!

Yes I Walk the Walk
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats up Jason? I made it back to the Samba forums!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the 1500 club website up yet? how/when are cars submitted for approval?
raru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u got to raise ur car up first jacin... Razz
95 Jetta
98 323is
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I hear Jacin needs one notch on his notch to get in Laughing Great to see ya Frank! The sites not up yet and probly wont be till after the Classic, or right before. Dont know yet. I still need to get my Allstate trailor ready as well for the Classic. Work and family are always sucking the life from me as well. I do plan to get it up with in the next 2 months. I do have a short and destinguished list of people ready to be entered into the "club". Most of them dont know yet so you might be one!

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is an update on the 1500 club goings on. At this point I have the domain name "the1500club.com" purchased and will build the site soon. More than likley it will be after the classic on june 13th. Way to much vw stuff to do and put it together. Ill be more into it and excited after the classic. Hang in there as I have some of you ready and on the list already!

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 192

Jump to: