Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The 1500 Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peters Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

cant find any date stamp......i assume the date stamp is a vw factory thing as it looks the same as other vw date stamps.....
other question where are the side clips ???????
all of my single carb baths have side clips (you can just see them in the pics)
same sort of thing as the EFI bath shown ????
Peters Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

got the original fuel pump kitted and replaced

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Peters Van wrote:
cant find any date stamp......i assume the date stamp is a vw factory thing as it looks the same as other vw date stamps.....

Yeah, you have a weird air cleaner. Its for a couple of reasons. Where you live - a country that took liberties against the norm of what Germany produced and a place where you could bet a "standard" late model Type 3. Lastly - part of the deal in making VWs down under was allowing local vendors to pop out parts. Thats where you get the Roo on some of your parts.

Because of that, you have an air cleaner akin to a FI type with clips. Fun to see but hard to track.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

I'd agree that the air cleaner is a later replacement.

Erik, I'm not sure about a short coil being correct for a '65 single carb. All the evidence I've found suggests that long coils were used on single carb engines from '61-63. I believe short coils were introduced with dual carbs. Not sure if they also then made their way onto N models, or what was original equipment on Australian-built Type 3s, or ? Think
2011: 50 Years of the VW Type 3 / September 29–October 1 / California Central Coast

Last edited by t3kg on Sun May 26, 2019 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

And when you get the right fuel pump installed I'd suggest re-routing the incoming fuel line under the intake manifold. There should be an L-shaped metal line with a grommet where it passes through the tin.

Not definitive, but here's a page from the international 1965-model N owner's manual showing the fuel line routed under the manifold and a flat-topped air cleaner.

2011: 50 Years of the VW Type 3 / September 29–October 1 / California Central Coast
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

And the air cleaner mystery is solved: My late edition of the parts book lists 311 129 611 D as option M 156, larger air cleaner (single carburetor) for dusty regions. The standard air cleaner was 311 129 611 B. But I'd still bet that the original air cleaner on your car was the one without the stamped ridges:

Peters Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

i am sure the original air cleaner is the one with the ridges in it as i have 2 of them. australia still had a lot of dirt roads back in the early 60s so the dusty area optioned air cleaner may have been the norm......i am fairly sure the 1 without the ridges is off an imported 63 wagon.

i know what you mean about the fuel line going under the pre-heat tube..i have been looking for the L shaped bent fuel line but cant find one....
may have to get one bent to suit

thanks to everyone for their input
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuff240 wrote:
notchboy wrote:
And you took lots of pics right?

I felt so bad I couldn't bring myself to take any pics. It's disheartening, embarrassing and it's not my fault, but since I know him I feel somehow responsible. Crying or Very sad

At the very least, the 61's deserve better. I fear they will never move as they are buried pretty deep inside of make shift buildings with parts and random stuff piled all around them. Typical hoarder fashion I guess. All I can do is keep asking to help with #10 and hope he will give in some day. I think #54 is a lost cause. It's not as important as #10 and it's 10 times worse.

He did express slight interest in working on #10, but it's not a priority. And he seems to at least trust me to help still. I don't really want to break that trust. Posting here might even do that as he likes his privacy. Posting pics here would most surely do that. So I feel like I'm dancing on a fine line at the moment. If I had a goal to shoot for, it might help motivate him. Are there any big T3 events coming up next year or in the works?

Yo Pat? Cool

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=716533

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

These radio mods now a days are insane. Buying a broke Blaupunkt for your ride and having it converted is a very viable option. Cool

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
These radio mods now a days are insane. Buying a broke Blaupunkt for your ride and having it converted is a very viable option. Cool

Link

100% I had the original European Blaupunkt out of my 64 Notch converted with the Aurora Design components about four years ago now. AM/FM & Bluetooth. I love it. I will do it again.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Funny how there are more '62 for sale than '65 or '63's. I remember someone saying that '62 were rare like barndoor busses.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Peters Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Peters Van wrote:

Yeah, you have a weird air cleaner. Its for a couple of reasons. Where you live - a country that took liberties against the norm of what Germany produced and a place where you could bet a "standard" late model Type 3. Lastly - part of the deal in making VWs down under was allowing local vendors to pop out parts. Thats where you get the Roo on some of your parts.

Because of that, you have an air cleaner akin to a FI type with clips. Fun to see but hard to track.

just spotted a pic of t3hq's 65 square for sale and it has same air cleaner ??

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Yep looks like another large, heavy dust one.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Fun to see most of your VW history documented on The Samba! Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

1965 Squareback, looks like an N-model, at auction in SD today:
https://www.burlagepeterson.com/allauctionevents/2...andreau-sd

Anybody there and buy it?

Check out the trim rings, nice
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MarcVoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Seen this week near Munich (Germany):

(not mine).

Marc
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Thats a very clean looking squareback Cool

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

MarcVoss wrote:
Seen this week near Munich (Germany):

(not mine).

notchboy wrote:

It’s an S model and it has no bumper guards, also the front bumper is misaligned.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
notchboy wrote:

It’s an S model and it has no bumper guards, also the front bumper is misaligned.

And the rims are painted red, black fender beading, red interior....... If you are gonna nitpick my man. Go all in Wink Laughing

Still a clean square. Cool

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
ALLWAGONS wrote:
notchboy wrote:

And the rims are painted red, black fender beading, red interior....... If you are gonna nitpick my man. Go all in Wink Laughing

Still a clean square. Cool

Yeah! What he said.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Jump to:
Page 187 of 192

Jump to: