Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2022 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - June 16-19, 2022
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

Thanks Brian and John for all the work to get this event going. Looking forward to 2022.
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

My car will definitely be ready by then. Wink

Max
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

Today, for me, is sad. Today, I would have headed down to Crescent City, CA to set up for the early T3 Invaders. But, of course, we had to postpone again... my thoughts are with everyone today and I hope to see you in a year's time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

I will actually be in crescent city on the 18th and early on the 19th.. figured It was a good excuse to keep on with the road trip in my Fasty. With my wife getting ready to do the PCT next year I'm not sure ill make the invasion.

bummer

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

My investigations of my oil temp issues leads me to believe I need a rebuild; I'll get started this summer so I am fully ready for next year's Invasion!
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
My investigations of my oil temp issues leads me to believe I need a rebuild; I'll get started this summer so I am fully ready for next year's Invasion!

You better be finished by October for the Rally, Phil! Cool

Looking forward to an epic Invasion in 2022!

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

squaretobehip wrote:
KTPhil wrote:

You better be finished by October for the Rally, Phil! Cool

Looking forward to an epic Invasion in 2022!

Yes, my goal is to use the rally as a shakedown cruise after the rebuild, then I'll be confident I'll make it all the way to the Oregon border!
squareonair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

will be watching this to see where every ones going to meet up for 2022
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jaransonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

squareonair wrote:
will be watching this to see where every ones going to meet up for 2022

The plan is to do the Invasion in Crescent City, CA still....just like we have tried to do the last two years.

It will be great to see all the familiar faces and the new ones next June.
'69 Square
'70-1 Fasty
https://www.carartbyjohn.com
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

It is the Cali Curse Wink
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
It is the Cali Curse Wink

Yup, I've been thinking about that. Along with the change from the original August date to the late June date. Why did that happen again? Maybe it's time to move on to a different state.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

Alright!!! June 16-19 room reservations are open! Call the Curley Redwood Lodge, mention the VW group and get your rooms reserved! 707-464-2137 is the number. They have reserved the entire lodge for the 2022 10th Invasion and it will also be our 20th year!!!!!!!!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

As to travel... I drove down from Oregon to Mojave to LV and back 2 weekends ago and did not run into a single major covid-19 restriction that wasn't handled with wearing a mask!

What do we need to do to prepare for the trip?
1. Have your own tools and parts! People will share, but understand that tools are a personal thing.

2. Carry obvious spares! Nobody wants to give up their emergency fan belt, only to need it themselves.

3. The car needs to be road worthy! From personal experience, it is Better to ride along, than be towed to a strange town or leaving your classic on the road side. Trust me, that will ruin the fun for you!

4. The car needs to be road worthy! I mean, take it on a long drive (4+ hours) at least once before you travel! Then, address every minor thing you have put off just because you only drive it a short distance normally.

5. Don't overload the car! Pack as light as you can, so that you have room for tools, spare parts, and purchases on site (-:

6. Don't push! It is better to get here late, than not at all. We would like to converse with you, not about you!

7. Keep a reasonable speed. Though some of the cars can and do move quickly, the group's speed should be in accordance with the weakest link in the group...This is one of the reasons for walkie talkies! You can loose each other on a steep grade without them.

8. Keep a reasonable speed!!! Shoot for 55 mph. I know that sounds slooooooow, but refer to #3 above.

Hope this helps folks!
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

I'm getting there... engine bolted in and car on the ground. Oil, fuel lines, wiring... a few other odds and ends, and I'll be firing her up!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

March's Meet-in-the-Middle will be her shakedown drive, LA to Buellton/Solvang (near site of Sideways movie), then she should be ready to run almost the length of California!

No firm plans yet, but I plan to find a caravan from LA up PCH (CA-1) to the Bay Area on day one (6/14), then all the way up US-101 to Crescent City on day two (6/15). Probably also take two days to go back south when done, all on US-101.
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

Good to hear!

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

I'm digging the picture with the dates crossed out.

Max
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

Max Welton wrote:
I'm digging the picture with the dates crossed out.

Max

I'm nothing if not low tech.
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

Well , I can say at the very least that I made it to crescent city... just the wrong year. My wife will be doing the PCT at that time so that leaves me with the kids and a very limited budget. maybe 2024 depending on where it is on the east right?

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

So, barring another shutdown, what is the plan?

As per usual, Thursday is the early bird arrive afternoon. Friday is a free or explore the area day with people venturing individually or in small groups to see the sights (and there are many to see in the Crescent City area). Saturday is the 1st official gathering day and there will tech sessions, group photo shoot opportunities and if I can get a restaurant on board (the OG 2020 place closed) we will have a group cruise and eat at a local eatery. Sunday is a travel or linger day with possibly a morning tech session or two going on. The Lodge is right on the main drag at the south end of town and had covered parking for many of the guests. Also, they semicircular entry will be ours to park/stage in for showing the cars to the locals and other tourists.

Please remember, the T3I events have always been about like minded people gathering, as much or more, than the cars. If you don't have a T3 to drive, come anyway! Surely someone will let you ride along with them!!!

Having said that, I would love to see this event break the 50 T3 count. It is our 10th event in our 20th year.

See you soon!
nogoodwithusernames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

Well even though I've been planning on coming to this for two years now, a good friend decided to get married on this weekend so I will have to bow out unfortunately, we will see if I can convince the wife to take a long road trip for the next one though!

-Derek
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - Postponed to 2022 Reply with quote

For those that have never been to the north coast of California, here is a link that describes some of what you can explore on the free day.

http://www.curlyredwoodlodge.com/activities.htm
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 21

Jump to: