Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Camping near Fort Rock ??
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Camping near Fort Rock ?? Reply with quote

within view of Ft. Rock for early spring

Ft. Rock is an Oregon St. park, and way too busy to camp in like we did back in ye olden days...
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Camping near Fort Rock ?? Reply with quote

Not a local, but FWIW: http://www.ultimatecampgrounds.com

Seems to pop up some options (screenshot...MUCH more info in the app):

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

We've used this the last two summers with great success...highly recommended! Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Eric_Taylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Camping near Fort Rock ?? Reply with quote

I was just down there last Sunday! Beautiful area and a fun trip to head down there. There are a lot of forest service roads which I would imagine you would be able to camp on. Descend on Bend is held at Hole in the Ground, which is about 20 minutes away and I do think you could camp on the rim there.

When we went to hole in the ground on the way back last weekend, there was a lake listed on the sign too, and I can't remember the name, but it was allegedly camping. Lots of options in that area, but I don't think there are a lot of developed campgrounds.

One other option that might be worth a night would be summer lake hot springs. I've camped in the van there and it's a nice place for a stop over for sure. I would not stay the full weekend there, but dinner to breakfast would be great. It's about an hour from fort rock, but once you get out there, an hour starts to feel close! Beautiful area and a fun trip.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: