Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

keifernet - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: keifernet
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 27, 2021
ksj138
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Contact made Reply with quote

Keith contacted me regarding my 34 Pict 3 Solex he received from me 4/13/2011. I got an email from him on 2/10/2012 stating that, "I still intend to make good on this and I have had many carbs on the bench to finish and just have not been able to get through them all." I wrote him back asking him to post an update here to let us all know his status.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Contact made Reply with quote

ksj138 wrote:
Keith contacted me regarding my 34 Pict 3 Solex he received from me 4/13/2011. I got an email from him on 2/10/2012 stating that, "I still intend to make good on this and I have had many carbs on the bench to finish and just have not been able to get through them all." I wrote him back asking him to post an update here to let us all know his status.

Wow, well if he contacted you on 2/10/2012 then maybe he will see or reply to my emails saying that I want my money refunded.
1975 Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't feel so bad now reading the posts. I sent him a throttle cable connector from the 73 Bay dual carb setup about a year ago now. So I am out $15 if I can remember. lol. He mentioned then that he was short on cash so no big deal. A childhood friend of mine who is a Honda dealership mechanic in Cali, lost everything when the industry took a dump.

“He’s decieving you boy! Reach into his pocket and take what he’s got.” Mr. Crabbs.

75 Westy auto
03 Jetta TDI
71 SB
74 Westy
Licensed pilot (single engine land VFR)
--
Rust In Pieces: 72 Bug, 73 Bug, 81 Rabbit LS D 2D, 83 Rabbit D 2D, 84 Jetta TD GL, 85 Jetta D, 68 Z28 RS 302, 91 Passat 16v
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pjanderson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: keifernet - [email protected] Reply with quote

I sent him $175 and a carb core, many months ago (maybe 12?). No delivery and no responses to inquiries.

If he's working through the backlog and not taking on any more business, then that would be fine... assuming that those waiting eventually get either the goods or their money back.

Arrrg...
sluggo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Keith a big box of stock carbs, Weber Progressives & a set of Weber 44 IDFs. In return he was supposed to rebuild my set of Stock carbs as well as clean up the manifolds & linkage. That was more than 4 years ago. At first I'd get a different excuse every month. Now he doesn't respond at all. I really needed those carbs and this thief completely screwed me.

Hopefully he'll decide to make good on all the money and parts he has taken from people. But I seriously doubt it. What he has done is criminal. Most of us here are hard working people who don't have money to just throw away. I'm going to look into legal options.
http://www.itinerant-air-cooled.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugbyte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish someone had warned me last year. I might still have my $160.00.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He emailed me recently telling me that he was going to pay me back in either money or a carb to sell, or something. Not holding my breath but it would be nice to get the money back.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skid wrote:
He emailed me recently telling me that he was going to pay me back in either money or a carb to sell, or something. Not holding my breath but it would be nice to get the money back.

don't hold your breath - he told me waaaaaaaaaaaay back in September of 2010 that he would be refunding money my way for poor service...

nothing as of today.... and I am not the only soul he's taken advantage of....

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VonHirschhausen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Keith a carb last Oct/Nov. Still no carb and not much in the way of a response ti my inquiries. has anyone had any positive feedback from him?
skid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonHirschhausen wrote:
has anyone had any positive feedback from him?

If you go to the first page of this thread you will see that he used to have good feedback and was a pleasure to deal with. But something changed.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Before I knew Reply with quote

Before i knew about his difficulties and problems delivering (to say the least) I had tried contacting him. I just got a reply:

Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 9:19 PM
To: Compras
Subject: RE: Do you still rebuild carbs?

Perfectly understandable,

I am digging myself out of a deep hole one
carb one day at a time.

Kind regards,

Keith
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 18:48:57 -0400
To: [email protected]
Keith,

I haven’t done anything w/it yet, but after reading the last few pages of your feedback on thesamba (which I’m relatively new to) I don’t think I can go w/you for the work. Sorry.

Victor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got on the list of people who thought Keith was a good rebuilder and an honest trader from reading the generally good stuff about him on here from the past. It was foolish of me to fail to check this thread here before I sent him a core and paypalled him 185 for a rebuilt German Solex 34 pict 3.

So then, having been screwed once on this deal I still need something more functional than the chinese garbage that is sold new. Who rebuilds the old German carbs and has one to sell me, who will actually sell me one, since I gave my core to Mr Doncaster?
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dti wrote:
I got on the list of people who thought Keith was a good rebuilder and an honest trader from reading the generally good stuff about him on here from the past. It was foolish of me to fail to check this thread here before I sent him a core and paypalled him 185 for a rebuilt German Solex 34 pict 3.

So then, having been screwed once on this deal I still need something more functional than the chinese garbage that is sold new. Who rebuilds the old German carbs and has one to sell me, who will actually sell me one, since I gave my core to Mr Doncaster?

how long ago did you make this donation to him?

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
dti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

June first of this year. I know, that puts me waaaay at the end of the line here but he is acting according to his pattern as above described multiple times over...
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any updates from anyone on this guy? I sure haven't seen anything.

Hey Keith..my paypal is [email protected]
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith has had my carb for a couple of years now. I got it back from him back in sept? 2010. I had to send it back oct 2010 because it wasn't running properly. I told him I was in no rush because I bought a new carb. I didn't hear from him so I sent an e-mail feb 2012. He replied the very next day that he was working on it. Dec 2012 I sent another e-mail, haven't heard back as of yet. I know he was/is going through some tough times. Haven't given up yet..
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave this joker 2 boxes of carb cores (probably close to 30) all I asked for in return were 3 good rebuilt carbs

30/31

What I got was a bunch of excuses, emails telling me I needed to by the rebuild kits, and finally 3 carbs, that were junk. (stripped or missing studs, wouldn't run, etc.)

The only benefit for me was some cores cleared out of my shop and 3 new paper weights.

It's obvious from others feedback this guy should be avoided.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No updates.

I talked to him at length after a couple years about getting fucked.

All he offered was excuses at that time.......times are hard....wife has no job.....we have bus in the front yard that won't sell...I have to take care of babys kids.....it's hot in Texas, etc, etc, etc.

I'm guessing he's now out of the vw business for good.

I think the guy meant well and shit just happened. I'm sure we all can relate to a situation like that. I'm guessing he didn't go out and intentionally screw everyone over......unlike other people.

Anyways.....Keith, I honestly hope your doing ok, wherever you are. I'm sure a lot of people on this forum who have been around for awhile will agree and help if you're willing to come back and make it right (down the road??)

I'm moving to TX later this year. I can help you out if you want....I think I can unscrew bolts and pack stuff up/ship if need be.

Later, man.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - its a shame - Keith always did good by me and was a valuable contributor to this site for years. I hate to see all the bashing, but obviously folks have gotten screwed.

Different foks have different ways of dealing when life kick you in the butt. Shame this hadn't played out better. Keith, if you are reading this, hope you get things together.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rocops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its been over two years since I heard from him in any way. Yes he got my -28 AND my money. I figure that he is probably in jail. As far as I'm concerned, I still hope Bubba the cell mate is kinder to him than he has been to me. OG carb gone.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: