Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

keifernet - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: keifernet
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 27, 2021
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith is no longer here. He won't pay back any debts owed. He told me that via email 2 years ago.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: keifernet - [email protected] Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to get hold of Keifer?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: keifernet - [email protected] Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

As far as I know his email listed here is still active.
Whether he will respond is another thing.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: keifernet - [email protected] Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

If you get a hold of him, tell him I still want my money or carb.
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: keifernet - [email protected] Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
nsracing wrote:

If you get a hold of him, tell him I still want my money or carb.

Take the money. The 3 carbs he "rebuilt" for me were junk.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: keifernet - [email protected] Reply with quote

my understanding is that the business is gone and he withdrew from the business and world into himself. I don't think anything anyone can say will change things. I had someone go by to check on him a year or two ago to see if we could help get him back on his feet, and from what I gather he doesn't have anything to send if he wanted to. Your loss is a write-off.
nosmr2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: keifernet - [email protected] Reply with quote

Very late to the party here, but just wanted to share my experiences with Keith. I purchased a '70 Beetle that I should have passed on. After working on it myself and leaving it with another mechanic for a year or so I hooked up with Keith, as I was in over my head. This was maybe in 2003 or 2004. I drove over to his shop since it was about 20 minutes from the house and we discussed my project.

He took on the project and over the course of a few months I spent days off working on it with him, as part of our agreement. I can't recall the final bill, but just under $2000 if memory serves me correctly. He rebuilt the engine, finished the wiring, did a ton of body work, painted and a lot of other small stuff. All in all a real good job, just like the carb work that so many of you dealt with. I had a few questions afterwards and he always was quick to respond. I guess that's the good stuff.

When we started working together, he had recently quit working at the quilt exhibition company. I think they might have been working him a lot of OT and not paying for it, something like that. He was rebuilding lots of carbs and had some local work and I assumed was making money. He always seemed overwhelmed with the amount of work he had to do. He'd spend half a day mowing his property and working on the mower, then part of the afternoon waiting in line at the post office. I suggested he pay a kid a few bucks an hour to take care of the BS work, while he rebuilt carbs for $100/pop. He did not agree and his business sense seemed a bit lacking, as this was just one example of wasted time. His shop was a total mess. He would not throw anything away and would spend countless hours hunting around his shop for a sandwich box containing a certain bolt instead of organizing. He saved dirty blue disposable shop towels. 80 grit sandpaper wasn't garbage when worn out, it was now 220 grit and had to be saved and stuck somewhere. It was an odd working arrangement he had for himself at that shop. There was so much stuff packed everywhere. I think he had a Ghia under a blanket and so much stuff I didn't notice it the first few visits.

When he complained about money or a lack of, I mentioned my company was hiring $13/hr with OT and benefits, but he was not interested.

It sounds like his business went south shortly after my car was completed. When I was there, he was on top of stuff and nothing negative here yet. No idea what changed that. The shop was there for quite a while after my dealings with him were over, but I don't know if he sold the land and was able to keep his stuff on it. No idea where all that shit went too, but there was a lot.

All this being said, none of this is an excuse to screw people out of their money. I just wanted to share my Keith story. Looking back, the whole experience was weird to say the least.

I sold my Beetle a few years ago and really don't frequent The Samba often.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Jump to:
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: