Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CB Maxi 26 pump/ full flow and plugging hole in case
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: CB Maxi 26 pump/ full flow and plugging hole in case Reply with quote

CB pump doesn’t have a hole in the pump and has the cover with outlet.
Are people still plugging the hole in the lower oil galley so it doesn’t seep through?
Apparently it increases oil pressure a bit. Read some old threads and was just making sure before I did/didn’t do it.
Also, what’s the idea of the stainless lines and push on fittings?
Good/bad things to say about them?
Drilled for full flow and tapped all of my oil galleys today.
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: CB Maxi 26 pump/ full flow and plugging hole in case Reply with quote

I never plug the case, only the pump, but that's just me. As racerdave says, modify the cheapest part.

Fittings are also personal choice. I've used push on fittings in the past. Most of my racer buddies use them too. I like a cleaner look and use AN fittings, but it's all a matter of choice. Never heard of a push on fitting and hose coming apart if you're worried about that. But use quality hose. That cheap stuff that VW parts places sell is good for pretty breather hoses but that's about it.

brad
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: CB Maxi 26 pump/ full flow and plugging hole in case Reply with quote

If the pump is not a tight fit in the case, then you should plug the case port to prevent oil pressure loss.
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: CB Maxi 26 pump/ full flow and plugging hole in case Reply with quote

esde wrote:
If the pump is not a tight fit in the case, then you should plug the case port to prevent oil pressure loss.

I was reading your older posts aboutpressure loss because the pressure in The galleries will peak past the pump and cause a pressure drop.
I’ve prepped all places except for this. I’m a bit scared I’ll screw it up to be honest. Looks a bit tricky to do compared to the others.
BTW: how much pressure is usually in the lines?
I’m thinking push on fittings with steel braided lines. (No cheap shit)
And a THIN layer of silicone on the pump??
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: CB Maxi 26 pump/ full flow and plugging hole in case Reply with quote

67 Sunroof wrote:
esde wrote:

I was reading your older posts aboutpressure loss because the pressure in The galleries will peak past the pump and cause a pressure drop.
I’ve prepped all places except for this. I’m a bit scared I’ll screw it up to be honest. Looks a bit tricky to do compared to the others.
BTW: how much pressure is usually in the lines?
I’m thinking push on fittings with steel braided lines. (No cheap shit)
And a THIN layer of silicone on the pump??

NO
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Maxi 26 pump/ full flow and plugging hole in case Reply with quote

I'd be more or less concerned with most of that.... depending on how tight the pump fits in the case.
Myself being very familiar with precision fits, I check the size of the pump, and the size of the hole.
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Maxi 26 pump/ full flow and plugging hole in case Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I’ll check it out and report back.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: