Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early model pop top staples coming loose
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishgo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Early model pop top staples coming loose Reply with quote

With the pop top still attached, is there a way to retroactively re-attach or strengthen the tack strips for the stapled portion of the tent? My middle potion of the tent sides at the top is pulling away from the wood (staples not holding) and my attempt to push the staples back in through the canvas only holds for a few uses.

I'm wondering if it is possible to fish a few extra staples into the tack strip with the pop top partially lowered, or find an aluminum track of 3-4' long and drill/install small screws through the tent (on the inside) through two layers of canvas/tack strip to re-secure.

Having that 2-3' of tent coming loose at the top makes an excellent entry point for mosquitoes to join me inside the van.

Last edited by fishgo on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Early model pop top staples coming loose Reply with quote

You can add some screws right through the plastic to keep the staples from pulling out.

Mark
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: