Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A few more Wolfgang Show pics
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: A few more Wolfgang Show pics Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Richard O'Brien
Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: A few more Wolfgang Show pics Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:

Nice pics Tim, thanks for sharing! Really like the flatbed split...

Too cool that you're allowed to put on foreign registration plates in some states in the U.S.
I guess that's the case with that patina Bug in the background: "KB DJ 18" a registration plate of the German county "Korbach" just a few miles away from my home.
Otherwise the Bug probably would have won a trophy for the longest travel to the show. Laughing
beanlover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: A few more Wolfgang Show pics Reply with quote

Maddel wrote:
Too cool that you're allowed to put on foreign registration plates in some states in the U.S.
I guess that's the case with that patina Bug in the background: "KB DJ 18" a registration plate of the German county "Korbach" just a few miles away from my home.
Otherwise the Bug probably would have won a trophy for the longest travel to the show. Laughing

That is pretty cool! Smile

In the US some states only require a plate on the rear of the vehicle so we can put (pretty much) whatever we want on the front. I can't imagine that being allowed "officially" as the license plate.

Also, there are special exceptions for "vintage/antique" cars but the catch is (at least in my state) you can only drive it a few days a year...no thanks!!!
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: A few more Wolfgang Show pics Reply with quote

Actually, here in California, the law says that you must have plates in the front and the rear. At some shows, I see German plates, but I assume they just install those plates for the show, then they remove them after the show and reinstall the California plates.

Below is an interesting California plate that was on a 1956 Single Cab (it won the Type 2 trophy.

Richard O'Brien
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A few more Wolfgang Show pics Reply with quote

Here is the rest of that 1956 Single Cab. It was owned by a guy who looked about eighty years old. It was so cute when he won his trophy. He hobbled over to his ride for the official winner photos.

Richard O'Brien
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: