Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malanthius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

Very happy with this setup! Thought I'd share incase anyone was wondering about fitment. This is in my 66 double cab. 1915 running Kads. I'm running a tow hitch from Jeremy here in Samba. Install was simple and straight forward. I'm running heater boxes and I did not have to lossen them like they reccomend in their videos. Clearence to the apron and tow hitch are great. Tailpipe does barely touch my bumper. That is not the fault of a vintage speed. I believe my bumper struts a bit lower than stock with the tow hitch setup. I'm sure I can adjust it enough or modify the mounting a bit easily enough. Sound from this exhaust is fairly low and beefy without being too loud in the cabin. I was really impressed with the shipping. I ordered it Monday morning and it arrived weds here in So. Cal. Crazy! Highly reccomend d this exhaust. Its beautiful!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

shortwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

Nice setup. I was wondering about that very combination. Thanks for the pics
Malanthius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

shortwing wrote:
Nice setup. I was wondering about that very combination. Thanks for the pics

No problem. Hoping it would help someone trying to do the same thing as myself. Good luck!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: