Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New to forum
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

That mat is the correct size. You're missing the kick panel for the back seat.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=413960
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:
That mat is the correct size. You're missing the kick panel for the back seat. Well shit, ok I didn’t realize something went under rear seats. Who sells them?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Just got the bus back from shop. Dual carbs installed, bus no longer falls on its face during start off a green light or from a rolling stop. It was so frustrating having a light go from red to green as I came to a slow roll, the carb would leave me hanging almost dying. No more trouble with dual carbs now. I love it. Mechanic pulled firewall, found major damage to fuel lines, all new lines and no more smell in cab. Found large oil leak off the refiller neck. Sealed and corrected. Zero oil leaks now. Really impressed with his work here in Spokane. Guy is an artist. Now to convince my wife to let me get new windows, seals and get this painted.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:

Any suggestions for a rear hatch pad that would fit and deaden some of the engine noise.
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Scbrice wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:

Any suggestions for a rear hatch pad that would fit and deaden some of the engine noise.

I used some phat mat stuff and any thick rubber type stuff you can fi d would be good. The goal is kinda cushy weight. If it absorbs punches itll likely absorb sound. But Google physics of sound dedening, it's an interesting topic.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Slow progress, but ripped out the stinky pot smelling carpet, replaced with jbugs rubber, kick panels and some other panels from werksberg. Fuel smell fixed! Dual carbs kicking ass. Parking for winter in a buddies shop then body work and paint this spring. Any opinions on removing battery or leaving on battery tender? Pretty cold in north Idaho. We had some fun for Halloween. All the adults loved the project in progress. I think they just loved the warm fire lol! Oh yeah I also got rid of those monster tires and sold to my shop guy for his synchro . Got some 14 hancooks now

Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Thought I would leave some photos. This bus started as the worst purchase ever, broken everything and fixing PO things. Thankfully found an awesome mechanic and expert. First started with new clutch, then dual carbs. I decided to give Maaco a try and didn't want to spend a ton. They really made me love this bus again. Bus is currently being put back together with all new windows, seals and seatbelts! Thanks everybody for all your help with my random questions..

Scott

alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

looks good from here for a macco job. what did they charge you? I assume it was pretty naked (windows out, bumpers/lights too)
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
looks good from here for a macco job. what did they charge you? I assume it was pretty naked (windows out, bumpers/lights too)

Yes stripped clean, no windows handles bumpers lights wipers etc. mechanic did all the rust repair. I did pay maaco for some body work on back end.

895 paint
250 two tone white roof
500 6 hours of labor body work and extra sanding
1700 out the door 6 days later ... I wish I had asked him to do two other areas of body work, the guy really did a great job, but like I said I wanted a cheap clean coat, wasn't looking for auction quality, but they did a great job and really liked the bus being there. Nothing but good experience from my end!
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:
That's a nice looking bus. Love the big tires.

I sold them to mechanic for his synchro and got some Hankooks
Tcash wrote:
Welcome to TheSamba, Bay Window Bus Forum!

73-79 NEWBIE

Tcash wrote:
Every Type IV engine owner should know this!!!

If you over tighten the Oil Strainer bolt, you will brake the engine case!

There is a Oil strainer in there.
TORQUE THE STRAINER BOLT TO NO MORE THAN 9 FT. LBS.

Tcash wrote:
Here is a little information. Good Luck

Pictures would be cool.
How to post photos/How to post a photo in the Forums

Pronunciation (Samba) English

I am thinking of buying a VW van
Cleaning+Rodents+Hantavirus
Up in smoke... Bus fires... don't let it happen to you!
M-Plate Location
Type 2 M-Plate decoder
M-Plate Decoder Volkswagen Type 2 Bus
Bus VIN / Chassis Numbers
Type 2/Bus Owner's Manuals
Bus repair manuals
Bus parts manuals
Early Baywindow Bus Parts Book
Late Baywindow Bus Parts Fiche
Type 2 Wiring Diagrams
Model and Year Variations
Type 4: Secrets Revealed
Distributor Parts & Specifications
PARTS INTERCHANGE MANUAL
Youtube Videos

There is a ton of information located at the top of the Forum section.

Last edited by Scbrice on Tue May 05, 2020 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Scbrice wrote:
new to bugs

sick bug, dude. looking forward to more pics!
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
trihartsfield
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Scbrice wrote:
Just got the bus back from shop. Dual carbs installed, bus no longer falls on its face during start off a green light or from a rolling stop. It was so frustrating having a light go from red to green as I came to a slow roll, the carb would leave me hanging almost dying. No more trouble with dual carbs now. I love it. Mechanic pulled firewall, found major damage to fuel lines, all new lines and no more smell in cab. Found large oil leak off the refiller neck. Sealed and corrected. Zero oil leaks now. Really impressed with his work here in Spokane. Guy is an artist. Now to convince my wife to let me get new windows, seals and get this painted.

Where in Idaho do you live and who did you take it to in Spokane?
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Scbrice wrote:

Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Finished up the interior this weekend, had to modify a few holes, but had the products from Werksberg installed within 30 minutes. Thought I was done and realized I needed those rubber seat covers that go under each front seat. Those are on order from Wolfsburg West. Bus has really come a long ways from the first day of out of adjustment valves, and a broken clutch cable, stinky fuel lines in the street leaking oil. Thanks for everybody's guidance and feedback. Got this pad for the back from some NL VW place in Europe, but the pad didn't fit all the way across, oh well has really quieted it down in the cab for sure !

Scott

RalphWiggam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

trihartsfield wrote:
Scbrice wrote:

Where in Idaho do you live and who did you take it to in Spokane?

Looks like your cooling flaps/system is missing? I would get that replaced before traveling too far.
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Scbrice wrote:

Supertramp 8 Track. Love it.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

The project has progressed quickly 🤑🤑🤑

Wife also got me a rear rack for Xmas. New engine build coming March 2021
deepcflea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Looks great! I like the accent of the red rims.

Where did you get your roof ladder and how do you like it?

Formerly owned VW's
1983 Westfalia
1956 Oval Ragtop
1967 Bug
1970 Ghia
1969 Buggy
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

deepcflea wrote:
Looks great! I like the accent of the red rims.

Where did you get your roof ladder and how do you like it?

Got the ladder from Skinner Classics . But I got a rack for the top Iam putting together so the ladder will work better now and be useful! Thank You!!
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Hacking my own post. Anybody know if I extend the back z bed can I have the middle seat still in place?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: