Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CB Performance disc brakes
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
40Grit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: CB Performance disc brakes Reply with quote

Just installed the CB performance disc brake conversion for Things. Very, very happy with the result. Conversion was for the front only and stops are quick and precise with a great pedal feel. CB advertises this kit as a bolt in and go; not quite that in my case. I had to to a little clearancing on the right caliper to prevent dragging on the the rotor, not a big deal. I also had to call CB for a question on the caliper mount as they are left/right specific and can be installed on either side, but only one way is correct. Customer service was great and on the ball. It did widen the tract by 1 and 5/8 inch; not a problem on my 73. And yes, 15" rims are required. I was already running 15" rims, so again, no problem. If anyone's interested, I could post photos. Really a great upgrade.
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance disc brakes Reply with quote

Yes, please post photos.

Is that correct 1 5/8" wider on each side or is that a typo.

How did you distinguish which mount went on which side, and can you post photos of what you had to grind as well?

How long did installation take? Did you get the black drilled rotors?
40Grit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance disc brakes Reply with quote

1 and 5/8 total, both sides added together. So total front track increased 1 and 5/8 overall. I measured it and it and my figures are not exact.

One positive of this is i'm running larger than stock tires (Hankook Dyna Pro MT LT235/75R15) and it eliminated a little dragging on wheel lock.

I will post pictures this weekend. Thanks for the interest.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: