Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Product recommendation: Blue Sea "EasyID" blade fuses
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SyncroButter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Product recommendation: Blue Sea "EasyID" blade fuses Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm not normally one to shill for a product, but I thought this one was worth sharing. I was installing a gauge that connects to my OBDII port on my Bostig install and I blew the fuse that protects the OBDII connection. To my surprise the fuse that blew lit up with a little LED light. I had never seen this before, I had used the fuses that Bostig provided with their kit and had no idea that these fuses were special in any way.

After researching a bit, there appear to be a few companies that offer something like this (I bought some from Blue Sea that are called "easyID"). Note that there are also some that offer a fuse that lights up only when the fuse is *not* blown in case you want a christmas tree fuse block, so be sure you ID the type before buying.

Anyway, maybe I'm late to the party and you are all using type of product already but it was news to me so wanted to share the recommendation with all of you all since it makes it so easy to identify at a glance that you have an electrical issue.
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Product recommendation: Blue Sea "EasyID" blade fuses Reply with quote

I have been using them for 7 years and they have proven themselves to be useful. No.need to guess if it is a fuse issue, just pop open the cover and the tattletail LED let's you know which fuse has popped.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Product recommendation: Blue Sea "EasyID" blade fuses Reply with quote

Thanks - that's a bright idea! Cool
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: