Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Odd "unread threads" behavior lately
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Odd "unread threads" behavior lately Reply with quote

I noticed that for the last couple of days, the solid color of forums with unread threads is no longer working correctly. If I "mark all read" and go back to the main forum listing, it shows clear (read). But if instead I actually read each unread thread, and then go to the main forums page, it still shows colored in, as if there were still unread threads in that forum. But I open the forum, and the threads I just read shoe UNread, as does the forum link on the main forum page. Clear?

The "unread" designation has always been a bit flakey for me, but this is new.

Not a biggie, but certainly a change lately. It happens on both my work Windows machine as well as my home Mac.

Last edited by KTPhil on Fri May 24, 2019 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Odd "unread threads" behavior lately Reply with quote

Nothing has changed on the site.

I have not noticed ALL the threads being marked unread but it has always been a bit flaky.

For instance, I just went into Split Bug and opened all 3 of the threads that were "unread" for me. Only 2 got marked as read even though I opened all 3. I clicked on the 3rd one again afterward and then it was marked as read.
This is a pretty common thing to happen for me.

If I read them one-by-one it always seems to work but I rarely do that - I usually open all unread threads in a given section super fast at once in new browser tabs.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Odd "unread threads" behavior lately Reply with quote

Got it, that has been my experience lately. Not a big deal, probably just a defect in how it handles cookies or however else it tracks read/unread.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Odd "unread threads" behavior lately Reply with quote

Yes it is via cookies.

I think it can't set the cookies correctly sometimes, especially if your connection or the site can't load all the pages super fast.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: