Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DRLA leaking pump diaphragm
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: DRLA leaking pump diaphragm Reply with quote

took out my DRLA 40s for cleaning and maintainence , old diaphragms a little hard so i put new ones in. the new ones appear to be a little thin compared to the old ones.

having some leaks after i put new ones in and new springs.

is this a common issue? do i need to sand the cover flat to fix this?

or has this got to do with poor quality aftermarket diaphragms
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: DRLA leaking pump diaphragm Reply with quote

I get OEM quality DRLA parts from Dellorto.Uk. I have not had any issues with leaking pump diaphragms.
Make sure to tighten the screws on a cross pattern. So the pump cover is tight the same at all four corners.

Where did you source your parts from?

Good Luck.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: DRLA leaking pump diaphragm Reply with quote

Thanks. I can’t recall where to be honest been keeping them for a few years now, but still soft.

Will try to get new ones from Dellorto UK
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: DRLA leaking pump diaphragm Reply with quote

It's very unusual for the dellorro carb to leak at the diaphragm area,
even if the gaskets a little hard or brittle, can you share pics of that area and also you can check for flatness of the cover on a piece of glass.

And fyi I stock the pump diaphragms.
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: DRLA leaking pump diaphragm Reply with quote

mcdragracer wrote:
It's very unusual for the dellorro carb to leak at the diaphragm area,
even if the gaskets a little hard or brittle, can you share pics of that area and also you can check for flatness of the cover on a piece of glass.

And fyi I stock the pump diaphragms.

No photos unfortunately, it’s not dripping kinda leak, just some seepage after a few hours . It wasn’t leaking with the old hardened diaphragms
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: DRLA leaking pump diaphragm Reply with quote

Are they both leaking? It's also really easy twofold the edges of the diaphragm n-word as your tightening down the screws because the diaphragm is so thin, just make sure that it's not full David in word on any corners
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: