Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My weirdest parts purchase ever
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: My weirdest parts purchase ever Reply with quote

About 20 years ago I was getting my parts from a guy that had a garage out in the country. He actually had a large inventory of parts, and good prices.

One day my wife and I (still married) went out without calling first which I usually did. I walked in the garage (wife decided to wait in the car) and he was working on a bug dressed in full pink ballerina outfit complete with tights and a tutu.

After a quick embarrassed look he explained he was busy could I come back later. I said like ummm oh sorry I needed a bunch of parts, ummm sorry I'll come back later.

But he must not have wanted to miss out on a sale so he had me follow him upstairs to where his inventory was. I gave him a pretty good sized list, he assembled my order and took my cash and I left. Very few words were exchanged and it was awkward.

I called ahead the next time I went out and he was dressed in his normal shop coveralls.

To each his own. I'm totally non judgmental anyway. Hey, whatever floats your boat, err umm, Bug, right?

- Jim
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: My weirdest parts purchase ever Reply with quote

You saw the elusive Empi Fairy ?
Impressive Cool
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: My weirdest parts purchase ever Reply with quote

Awesome! Colorado is just so freek friendly. Having been a junkman off and on for 30 years I've also met some great characters. My favorite of all time is "Sooly" Rodriguez , who operated Rodriguez Auto Salvage in Colorado Springs. Super Big hearted guy that helped the poor keep their crappy cars running ( with the understanding that when they no longer function, he got em'). Being in the poor category at the time, I was working of some needed parts when he came over to check on me. He got a call on his super greasy cordless phone while talking to me and, right in front of me, whips out his Johnson and takes a mighty piss without missing a beat. It wasn't a come on or anything, just amazing multi-tasking with fear or judgement in his own little kingdom.

One of the happiest guys I ever met.
minger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: My weirdest parts purchase ever Reply with quote

I was the guy talked about when I drove off with a complete rear axle assembly off a 72 F-series truck in the passenger seat of my Ford Contour. They told me to pull my truck around. I said, "No, the blue sedan is me." Oh did they laugh. I told them I measured and it just fit. Whole yard waved goodbye and laughing as I headed out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: