Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019 Reply with quote

Its happening again this year! The 3rd annual Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019. Last year we surpassed the previous year with 70 type 3s parked together! It was an awesome sight. So far, this years SoCal VW week has been amazing, with several beautiful top notch builds already debuted. They'll all be at El Prado too! This years El Prado show is definitely shaping up to be the biggest yet. We need to match that motivation and beat last years Takeover numbers!

Paul Davis aka @type3nut64 on Instagram (same name here on TheSamba) is heading it up again.

WHOS COMING???! Sunday June 9th

Like last year, the cool mofo's at Type 3 Army have put their heads together and come up with another round of sweet wall hanging awards to be handed out to folks parked in the Takeover section. Cars in the takeover will still be eligible for El Prado awards! We just want to recognize some special Type 3s as well!

Check out the awards along with some swag that/ll be available at the show!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

3" circle window sticker

type3nut64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019 Reply with quote

We have folks coming in from all over. Even a late model square all the way from New York.

Remember it's not all about the trophies we want primer patina projects rollers? Celebrate the oddball vws (of course not to us) right next to lake on the grass.

Thanks justin for putting together the swag as well.
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019 Reply with quote

Thought I was going to go, but I've got a new noise coming from the transaxle.... Not sure what I can do but I'm leery to drive from Costa Mesa knowing that.

It sounds like my fan is loose... it makes noise in lower RPMs only both on revving up and down. The noise disappears at higher RPMs. What's the best way to get at it to tighten it up?
'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pedro sainz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019 Reply with quote

OhHerrooo wrote:
Thought I was going to go, but I've got a new noise coming from the transaxle.... Not sure what I can do but I'm leery to drive from Costa Mesa knowing that.

It sounds like my fan is loose... it makes noise in lower RPMs only both on revving up and down. The noise disappears at higher RPMs. What's the best way to get at it to tighten it up?

the Rivets of your FAN got LOOSE

either welded in place or replace it with a NEW one
is a 3 hour job Smile
if is a loose nut got Lucky
you still have time enough to have it Done
Stop Crying and I see you at Prado Smile
N.O.N.A member #3
The Truth is Out There
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019 Reply with quote

BTW... the “Since 1962” on the stickers is being corrected to 1961. Wink
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019 Reply with quote

pedro sainz wrote:
OhHerrooo wrote:

the Rivets of your FAN got LOOSE

either welded in place or replace it with a NEW one
is a 3 hour job Smile
if is a loose nut got Lucky
you still have time enough to have it Done
Stop Crying and I see you at Prado Smile

Haha fan is welded. I'll check the nut and M6 bolts on the housing.
'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oxsign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019 Reply with quote

Great looking stuff. Will any of that stuff be available for those that can't make it? I'd love to get a shirt and sticker.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019 Reply with quote

oxsign wrote:
Great looking stuff. Will any of that stuff be available for those that can't make it? I'd love to get a shirt and sticker.

Yes.. I'll take some orders and ship stuff after Prado weekend with whatever I have left. People like to buy shirts at Prado for some reason. Last year I walked out of there with 4 or 5 new Ts!!
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2019 Reply with quote

The Takeover had 46 Type 3s parked together this year. Was a great time. The awards presented by Type 3 Army went to:

Mike Chatham 1964 Notchback

David Lynch 1968 Fastback

Karey Levin 1969 Squareback

Pedro Sainz 1968 Type 34

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: