Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How much personal property coverage do you have?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/05/entertainment/tracy-morgan-bugatti-crash-trnd/index.html

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
minger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

"That will buff out comment.' in 1...
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

it's just paint....even on a 2M$ car...

sad thing is that same sikkens or glasurit at 150/qt doesn't know if it's going on a Honda or a Bugatti...but all of a sudden it will be a 80k blend

that's my first thought. my second thought is if I had that kind of disposable income I think I would laugh it off, pay the repair bill for both cars and take the other driver to dinner

besides, he was probably on his way to that "unique whips" hack to have it 1/2 rino-lined and some awful chrome vinyl seats

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
my second thought is if I had that kind of disposable income I think I would laugh it off, pay the repair bill for both cars and take the other driver to dinner

Far from it, he was a screaming maniac. you should see the video.

The local TV station reported that a oil change is $25,000 which is more than the Honda costs.

Personally you should get your head examined for driving a car like that in Manhattan. Nothing like driving a car that can do 225mph in a city where the speed limit is 25mph.

They also said that the damage will most likely be in the $100,000 range. Assuming the other driver has $10,000 of personal property coverage, is he gonna sue her for the balance of $90,000?

It would be a DICK move.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

I'll tell ya what's nuts. I am near State College - home of PSU. The Lambos, Porsches, Ferraris driven by Asian students here is nuts. Last winter I saw a kid trying to park a McLaren over a big pile of snow.... Have not seen any Bugattis yet, but I bet there are a couple.....
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
I'll tell ya what's nuts. I am near State College - home of PSU. The Lambos, Porsches, Ferraris driven by Asian students here is nuts. Last winter I saw a kid trying to park a McLaren over a big pile of snow.... Have not seen any Bugattis yet, but I bet there are a couple.....

We all know that in state college tuition is a bargain.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

Reminds me of the of rich Saudi princes that would simply walk away from a car that failed them. Leave it where it is and get another. A man I know worked as private contractor for Saudi Air and witnessed indifference to massive wealth including a pallet of gold left unguarded because to get near it would result in death or at least loss of a hand Very Happy the takeaway here? Don’t fuck with some rich trouser stain as they move about.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Reminds me of the of rich Saudi princes that would simply walk away from a car that failed them. Leave it where it is and get another. A man I know worked as private contractor for Saudi Air and witnessed indifference to massive wealth including a pallet of gold left unguarded because to get near it would result in death or at least loss of a hand Very Happy the takeaway here? Don’t fuck with some rich trouser stain as they move about.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Reminds me of the of rich Saudi princes that would simply walk away from a car that failed them. Leave it where it is and get another. A man I know worked as private contractor for Saudi Air and witnessed indifference to massive wealth including a pallet of gold left unguarded because to get near it would result in death or at least loss of a hand :D the takeaway here? Don’t fuck with some rich trouser stain as they move about.

My dad spent some quality time in Saudi Arabia, and commented on cars abandoned by the side of the road. Being in insurance, he had a hard time with it. Insuring the new palace? No problem. One out of three giant Waterford crystal chandeliers falling during installation? Shi* happens on construction sites, and that is what insurance is for. That the king spent the palace opening night sleeping in a Bedouin chief's tent who unexpectedly showed up? That's the kind of story that makes living overseas worth while!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

They also said that the damage will most likely be in the $100,000 range. Assuming the other driver has $10,000 of personal property coverage, is he gonna sue her for the balance of $90,000?

It would be a DICK move.

yup...sure would be. I hope it doesn't come to that.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

I always thought the front end looks like a ~1997 Dodge Avenger with an Edsel grille grafted in.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

Yup...oil change is $20k-$25k.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a25435171/bugatti-veyron-repair-costs/

Oh.......and I carry $100k per incident property damage. It cost $550 a year for my 4 cars combined
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

Some mighty fine Patina goin' on right there.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

It lost more in depreciation in the first mile than this damage cost.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

What person that just settled for 95 million in recent Wal Mart suit would settle for a USED Bugatti......guess one that is going to the chrome interior as Skills says. Money doesn't buy good taste.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/05/entertainment/tracy-morgan-bugatti-crash-trnd/index.html

You base your insurance coverage on the assets you want to protect.
If you don't have a pot to piss in, than $10K property damage is OK.
If you're sitting on a fat 401K, or a big paid for house, in assets,
Then it's time to think about an umbrella policy for you, yours, and your shit.
To get the umbrella policy your insurance guy will make you increase your other coverage that you have.
If you buy an exotic car like that, or even $70K pick up truck you need to get uninsured & under-insured coverage on your policy too.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

A million dollar personal property umbrella policy does not cost very much. We have had one since the minute we bought our house and realized that some moron could get hurt, or pretend to be hurt, and sue us. We still have it. In the scheme of life, it is cheap insurance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

Anyone who has that kind of money - especially in the entertainment industry - should not flaunt their wealth, should use their wealth to help others.

Hard work is digging ditches, roofing, etc.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

so, I have to buy insurance, to protect myself from a guy with brain damage driving a million dollar car?
Hell no

the way it SHOULD be is, the better you can drive, the bigger/heavier car you can drive. That'd be amazing but it aint' so.

I'm driving a little car.
WELL AWARE that the 5' tall woman in the SUV behind me CAn't see my taillights, or possibly can't see my car at all Shocked
If they hit me I'd sorry for them, as only reason I don't have a third brake light is i'm too lazy to install one.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: How much personal property coverage do you have? Reply with quote

Rich people secure their assets in other ways than paying insurance premiums.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: