Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sometimes....when it rains, it pours
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Big tax bill
Buy new car
Annual auto insurance bill due
Puppy swallows who knows what and needs surgery
Need some oral surgery that's only minimally covered by insurance
Now central air compressor seizes.......

Damn.....
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Yep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Little pink houses for you and me, ain’t that America?

Or maybe 3rd verse to old country song, I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison 😀
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

If you can, put the car as a business write-off as well as the compressor. Did that last year and was able to save large on the year end tax bill...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Tornado damaged roof.
No rain for two weeks while waiting for insurance.
Strip off what's left of roof in 95* temps.
Forecast calls for heavy rains for next 7 days.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

No business to write anything off with. New car was just a toy.

I might be able to write off some of the AC upgrade under energy savings equipment.

Of course that doesn't help the old bank account now.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
3rd verse to old country song, I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison 😀

and you don't even call me by my name Laughing

yep...biz insurance due, grundy policy due, 3 cars up for registration, and it was the year to renew the dealers and repairers license.

I have decided long ago I am just a conduit for money to pass thru

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Wife was diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year.everything else ie petty.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:

so sorry Crying or Very sad

and you are 100% right...nothing matters really. hope she pulls thru

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:

Agreed, 3 deaths in our immediate family in less than a year. Life is short
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:

You stole my thunder! I was just thinking about the wife's cousin who just lost her husband to cancer 2 months ago. The week he died her son was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer too and is now in final palliative care as I type this.

A good buddy of mine had a brain tumor operated on 4 years ago, lost his wife to breast cancer just over a year ago, was called back for a re-occurrence and another brain surgery, Chemo and radiation treatments 4 months back. His 11 year old son had a major melt down over it all and landed in the psychiatric ward. He is trying to hold down a job, meet the bills and raise 2 teenage daughters and his son without thier mother through all this.

Some people just can't catch a break in life!

And yes my troubles look pretty small when I look around a bit...
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Thanks for the grounding guys.....

I think I will call my son.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Thanks for not taking offence!

Not to minimize your present worries as they are real but sometimes the money end of our existence on this planet takes up more real estate in our minds than it should and crowds out the view of what we are blessed with.

Yes call your son, mine just came home for the weekend and I am going to enjoy him!!
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Sorry, did not mean to rain on anybody's parade. Thanks for the kind words. Try to get this back where it was. I have seen the statements for what the insurance co is being billed, nobody is doing this out of the kindness in thier hearts. It didn't take long to hit max out of pocket. If given the opportunity to become pharmaceutical company ceo, jump on it.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Life sucks. I have learned to take it day by day. My Wife has a rare neurological disease call Huntingtons disease and needs someone around at all times. My Mother in Law stays with us 3-4 days a week to help with her while i work. Yesterday while i was at work my MIL fell and broke her arm. Soonest i can get an aide here is Tuesday so looks like Monday and Tuesday i will be trying to make sales calls from home. You know how that goes...

The weird part is i was going to go to CA last week and merge that with a trip i had earned from work from 6/8-/6/12 in CA. i wanted to go early and do OCTO and some VW stuff before the work stuff week. Well i decided not to go when the work trip got cancelled. Can't imagine if i had been away when all this happened. There is a reason for everything i guess. Good Luck to all of you and your Friends.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273

Last edited by obus on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

When something goes wrong, people often say "It's always something."

Heck, I'm with you. It's never just one thing it's always two or three or more. Very Happy
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Personally, I feel that we fill our lives with to much "stuff" and when the bad and unexpected things come we get overwhelmed. I'm almost 57 and I'm learning to purge things from my life to make it easier and less stressful. Focus on the important things like family and friends.
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
Personally, I feel that we fill our lives with to much "stuff" and when the bad and unexpected things come we get overwhelmed. I'm almost 57 and I'm learning to purge things from my life to make it easier and less stressful. Focus on the important things like family and friends.

^^^
wise words
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

So.....as my quotes come in they are going down.....so...lesson learned....some things are more important than others and sometimes you need to just step back.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Sometimes....when it rains, it pours Reply with quote

Every day's a holiday.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: