Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2276- A-1 and DRD
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DUELLER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

I ran the motor again today but I'm having issues with the 48 Dells. Popping out #3 so I'll check my valves tomorrow, and I'm not getting much mixture action on 1 & 2 so pretty sure I have a plug in the idle circuits...hooray! The other thing its doing is if I give it a rev (no linkage attached) it will stay up in RPM for a few seconds before coming down even though the throttle stops are touching. I'll change the vents to 38's when I get the rest of the carb issues sorted out
DUELLER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD now CB Wedge ports Reply with quote

Motor is in the car. Trans came back from MCM Scott right when he originally said it would. I need to call him and find out what he built for me, he told me but I didn't write it down. Scott's a good dude, super easy to work with. I settled on 38 vents for the 48 dells. Made a few hill runs to seat the rings. I ran out of hill real quick at 5500rpm, it was still pulling strong. Motor is smooth and quiet (except straight cuts). The 2288 cam is really easy to drive, comes alive at 2500rpm and keeps going. After about an hour of seat the rings driving the head temp was 320* and oil temp was 210*, a little higher that what I normally like to see but i know it will come down. Just need to tune with my wide band to see what else I can squeeze out of it. Over all pretty happy with how it runs.
j-dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

Sounds good, get some miles on it and the wide band to fine tune it.

What was the cause/cure for your popping on #3? Did you find an intake leak?
DUELLER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

People asking for pics so here ya go.

Popping on #3 was either the valve adjustment or idle circuit, I adjusted and cleaned at the same time so not sure what the magic cure was.
DUELLER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

By special request
Olli from NJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

Ghia looks great!
Did Tiger make that muffler setup for you custom? How does it sound as compared to the Magnaflow muffler that he normally uses? I have an A-1 sidewinder on my 2332 that is in my Ghia and it really is almost too quiet. I know about the Race Bullet muffler from A-1 but fear that it may be too loud. What you have might just be the ticket.

Olli
j-dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

Glad you got the popping sorted, great looking build!

Olli, I have heard that the muffler like this that looks like two race bullets next to each other is Tigers more recent design and he has stopped using the magnaflow and the one he was using after magnaflow.
DUELLER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

Ollie, the exhaust is by Tigers recommendation. It's deep sounding, seems a little louder than the standard sidewinder when standing behind the car. I had this running and fired up my bus with a 1-5/8 A-1 so I actually have something to go by. The way the tip is positioned is pretty cool for me anyway, when I get on it I get the joy of hearing the Dell whistle and the roar of the A-1 ground pounder win win. As far as not making the magna style, I just received 4 of them about 4 weeks ago so I'm sure that hasn't changed.
Olli from NJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

I will be giving Tiger a call today. What is Tiger calling that muffler? Dual Bulletts?

Olli
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

Great looking car Dueller!
DUELLER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

It's a SW 300 Twin tube corner exit. I want to say the box said ground pounder. If you want to hear the difference I can try to do a video, key word try.

Thanks ALB!

Olli from NJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: 2276- A-1 and DRD Reply with quote

If you could post a video (I know that I wouldn't know how to) that would be awesome.

Olli
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: