Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sprintstar fitment !?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keule/GAC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

Hello !

Want to buy a set BBT Sprintstars 5,5x15ET15 for the back of my 64 split! Could it fit with a OG rear (only 1 spline deeper!) ???

Greetz
Andreas
busworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

Any feedback on the wheel Purchase?
Looking at the same wheels for my Cab.
What offset front and rear?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

These are bbt et15 on a straight axle had to roll the inner lip. So with gear reduction boxes you will need the et34's and skinnier tires than mine. Those are 205/70/15. The chome on these started rusting after being in the rain once. No way will you fit these with boxes on.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
These are bbt et15 on a straight axle had to roll the inner lip. So with gear reduction boxes you will need the et34's and skinnier tires than mine. Those are 205/70/15. The chome on these started rusting after being in the rain once. No way will you fit these with boxes on.

That’s what I wanted to see. Anybody else running these with stock height?

How much room to the lip from the wheel itself? Looks like the tire is HUGE!
Stephbong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

I've to check the ET but with mines 195/65/15 I think and IRS lowered equivalent of one spline straight axe and I've no issue on my 64 could go lower.
I think ire size is the key here.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

Keule,

i used to run the 5.5 inch Mangels wheel with 195/65s on my stock 66. No problem at all. was tight on the 61 though.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

busworks wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:

That’s what I wanted to see. Anybody else running these with stock height?

How much room to the lip from the wheel itself? Looks like the tire is HUGE!

There was about 1.25 inches from the wheel to the lip but that was with early bug rear brakes (long axle short spline) so that had the skinny drums. With gear reductions and wider brake drums I don't see et15 5.5's fitting at all. I had to deflate the tires to put them on or unbolt axles.
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

I ran og 5.5 sprints on my 67 years ago with a one spline drop in the rear on reduction boxes.
Ben
westfaliaftw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

Sorry to revive this old thread. I have a completely stock 1956 single cab running reduction boxes. I’m looking to run 15x4.5 et15 original sprints with a 205/75r15 tire. Any insight to if this is possible or am I just dreaming??
1961 standard micro bus - mango green/dove grey
1971 campmobile - pastel white
CR23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sprintstar fitment !? Reply with quote

I also have a full set of 4.5x15 +15 offset, I was told by old speed that the rims would fit on my 64 bus, with drop plates and flipped spindles without narrowing the beam
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: